Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

external battery

I look at it the opposite and can’t understand why people would want wired and be tethered by your head to the detector.
Water. The moment your control box goes underwater, you'll lose wireless communication.
Another possible reason to prefer wired is latency. Yes, NM headphones are LL… but wired muffs have zero latency. So if you like to swing at extreme speeds, you may prefer wired headphones.
KISS principle could make one lean towards wired headphones too, as it's indeed one less thing to charge.
Lastly, some people actually prefer being "tethered" to their detectors, especially shallow water hunters.

I use both, horses for courses. Anywhere near water with a possibility of wading? Wired. Pretty much all other situations – BT.

Water. The moment your control box goes underwater, you'll lose wireless communication.
Another possible reason to prefer wired is latency. Yes, NM headphones are LL… but wired muffs have zero latency. So if you like to swing at extreme speeds, you may prefer wired headphones.
KISS principle could make one lean towards wired headphones too, as it's indeed one less thing to charge.
Lastly, some people actually prefer being "tethered" to their detectors, especially shallow water hunters.

I use both, horses for courses. Anywhere near water with a possibility of wading? Wired. Pretty much all other situations – BT.
Swing in extreme speeds as in faster than you should ?

Swing in extreme speeds as in faster than you should ?
Modern machines, including the Legend, are capable of processing data at faster speeds than what I could swing comfortably. But even with my vanilla swing speed, it takes me a few minutes to adjust after switching between wired and wireless.

It's not conclusive yet but it appears one nice thing with the external battery is that it apparently acts as a charger to the internal battery when that battery is depleted , at least the battery icon shows that its charging. At the end of a long session where the internal battery was low and you were going to pick things up the next day without a charger , it appears the external battery will do the trick without actually having to mount it.

It's not conclusive yet but it appears one nice thing with the external battery is that it apparently acts as a charger to the internal battery when that battery is depleted , at least the battery icon shows that its charging. At the end of a long session where the internal battery was low and you were going to pick things up the next day without a charger , it appears the external battery will do the trick without actually having to mount it.
In this capacity it acts exactly the same as if you had a stock charging/data cable plugged into USB power bank.

Yes, as per instruction manual you can use a charging power bank in lieu of the external battery the only difference is it will not be waterproof with a power bank. So essentially its like a charger