Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Extreme Enjoyment

markg

Extreme enjoyment.
This might not seem like much but this small school (built in the late 30’s) has been hunted for over 10 years. With machines like the:
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
White’s DFX, V3i
Fisher F75 and LTD
Minelab Etrac, and CTX 3030
And now the Equinox 800
Countless hours hunting from three guys including myself. Now I will say we’ve found some nice stuff from this site over the past 10 years and we all thought it was cleaned out but surprise, it’s not, yea I know they never are. But I was not expecting this many nickels and some over 6” deep. Then the silver nickel at maybe 5” and tilted to maybe a 45 degree angle.
I will say this machine has a very good audio response but one has to listen and learn. I did the usual noise cancel and started off with park 1. I wasn’t really happy so I tried each of the park/field programs and ended back with park 1 with one change, I set the iron bias to 0. It didn’t take long and I knew this was the settings for the day. Numerous times I tried park 2 and the two field programs but it seemed like park 1 was the very best at both a good audio and stable ID on located buried targets. After a while I started wondering why these targets had been missed. Taking my time, I stared rotating around each target and I was quite amazed at how stable the audio/ID. These were absolutely dig, dig signals, no doubts about it, with the exception of the silver nickel. If the silver had not given a double beep I might have walked away but I’m glad I didn’t. Well, toward the end of the hunt I purposely moved to the trashy area of the school and wow this machine, even with the 11” coil separates very well. I might add, the old Minelab wiggle I used with the Etac and explorer works with the Equinox too. Found a somewhat nice signal that I thought might be a nickel. Did the wiggle and marked the spot. Called my buddy over to check the spot. He gave no indication it could be a good target but at 5” comes another nickel and surrounded by heavy trash. Well we had to leave and to be honest I felt sorry for him because he had not dug anything but trash. Now I’m beginning to wonder if I should buy the 6” coil and hit the trash again.
Extremely satisfied user

Nice I've found the same try lowering your recovery speed to 4 and slow down I use park2 and find a bunch of silver in parks..

Your in the groove Mark ! I have used the 6 inch extensively in the high trash environments and have found a lot more stuff the 11 inch missed but interestingly not many coins, I think the stock coil does an impressive job sorting for its size. The other interesting thing about the 6 is it will hit coins deeper than the diameter. With regards to the wiggle the 6 inch coil is about ten times more intense to use due to the sheer number of targets you will hear. JMO
Jeff

I frankly do not find the waggle does anything at all with the Equinox, and I have exclusively run FBS for more than 2 years consistently prior to getting my NOX. I just don't see any comparison with trying to prove Minelab waggle after using my 600 since last May. I find the Equinox to be basically not very different in any type waggle, than most any of my other non ML machines.

I just can't see any waggle ability in my NOX.

Ive been using the Explorers since they came out..... then the Sov...... CTX. Ive got more than a day on the Nox as well. It may depend on how you have the iron masking set up. Ill catch a hit of a gold tone... and a bit of a fast wiggle and moving the target to the tip works for me. Everyone hears differently...... and headphones can make a difference as well. But i think everyone regardless of machine tries to WIGGLE .... or get a target to repeat what they believe they just heard.