Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-19

Overvoltage

Any news on a release date?

I just checked one of the on line dealers, and it looked like I could have pushed the button and ordered one.

Ron in WV

Jim,

I am like you I would like to hear some reports about this detector, but I am pretty happy with my F75 and a good stock of different coils. I am trying stay calm when I see something new hit the market.

I didn't go through a full check out with the F-19, if I did it may have come up a told me it was a pre- order.

Ron in WV

I have one on order. I do not think any of them have shipped yet. I thought I heard something about the 24th as the shipping date. As soon as I get mine in I will try to make a video on how the features work and hopefully a hunt at a local park.

Bill, i like your videos and cant wait to see one on the F19 in action. It looks like it might have some potential,

May i ask something? What exactly are you fisher guys hoping to get out of the F-19 that you aren't getting from the F-70/F-75, or the F-5? I'm not a Fisher guy and i certainly don't mean this as a derogatory comment, so please don't take it that way. But if there is something that you guys are expecting out of the F-19 that the F-75/F-70/F-5 can't get you i would love to here what it is. Is it because it's gonna have a 19 KHZ freq and that might be the cats meow??? OR is it because it is just something different?? I hope it's the bread and the butter, just don't understand the 'wow factor' i guess. Good luck to everyone.

I have used the F75, F70 and the F5. I am mainly a coin hunter in trashy parks. To me the F70, F75 are way too erratic and the ID is jumpy and they seem super prone to EMI. I know you can make some adjustments to deal with the EMI and still get fairly good depth but in the parks I hunt the F70 and 75 are way too noisy for me. The G2 I had was super accurate on the TID and it got good depth also. It did not seem to be affected by EMI for some reason. So I am thinking that with the adjustable notch feature the F19 should be a coin killer in the local parks. The other detectors may be deeper but that is not always what it takes to find the good stuff. So for the type of hunting which I do the F19 should be awesome.

Yowow, I am looking at it as a hit it hard and fast machine for quick hunts where I want something light and easy to use. I have been eyeing the F75, F70 (they are out of the price range I want to spend) and Gold Bug DP. I like the Gold Bug but like the backlight and the notching features on the F-19 (however I don't really like the cammo, spent 20 years wearing it so I'm kind of tired of that color scheme) so I have been holding out to hear some reports on it. It will also be used as my backup to my CTX3030 and for my 10 year old daughter or other friends to use when they hunt with me (again because it is light and easy to use), that's another reason why the F70/F75 are out of the picture, too much machine for them. And finally I like that it ground balances to salt, not that I would use it there but my kids might. I don't own any First Texas products yet but am looking seriously at them.

To me, It's a slightly modded Gold Bug. But maybe Fisher is going for a certain market.

I find it intersting that the F19 coils interchange with the F5 (as the F5 coils were proprietary)

And I have the old push in style, which doesn't benefit me at all for the new F19.

Hightone, where did you hear the F19 coils will be interchangeable with the F5 coils?

One of the sponsors has it listed as fitting both machines

I find it hilarious that FT is billing the F19 as a relic machine, but one of the few features it has over a G2 is notch...been relic hunting for 20+ years and have yet to meet a relic hunter who "notches". I have to be honest...I am really disappointed in FT, the G2 is an outstanding relic machine...but all they have done is add notch, iron audio from Eurotek (which is a nice feature) and a camo paint job and charging a couple hundred more than a G2. Seems like they could have done something a bit more dramatic than slap a camo paint job on a G2/GBP. I dunno, maybe give it the ability to turn the gain up a bit more towards instability if the environment allows? Maybe I am off base...maybe there is something else that makes it innovative...but I am not seeing it. Personally...I am going with one of the new version 4 Omegas..tired of waiting for FT to come out with a ground breaking new machine.

Oh----Your forgetting the F-19 backlight Bill!;):biggrin:------If they could "conquer" the EMI problem on the Omega (such as they have on the pretty much "bullet proof" EMI G2/GB Pros)---we would really have something!------Seems to me the F-19 will make more of a coin/gold machine than a relic detector.
sekypaleo said:
I find it hilarious that FT is billing the F19 as a relic machine, but one of the few features it has over a G2 is notch...been relic hunting for 20+ years and have yet to meet a relic hunter who "notches". I have to be honest...I am really disappointed in FT, the G2 is an outstanding relic machine...but all they have done is add notch, iron audio from Eurotek (which is a nice feature) and a camo paint job and charging a couple hundred more than a G2. Seems like they could have done something a bit more dramatic than slap a camo paint job on a G2/GBP. I dunno, maybe give it the ability to turn the gain up a bit more towards instability if the environment allows? Maybe I am off base...maybe there is something else that makes it innovative...but I am not seeing it. Personally...I am going with one of the new version 4 Omegas..tired of waiting for FT to come out with a ground breaking new machine.

I figured at Kelly Co. under Fisher coils, they have them divided into catagories. Some say F5/F19 coil, as they fit both.

Also, it appears the F5 can also use the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro coils, according the the site.. The F19 seems to be a modified Gold Bug (as I said).

At least that's how it looks. Guess I could be wrong.

Yowow,
For me,, its something new, that's all.
It may very well overlap some with the f70 and f75, but that's ok by me.
I'll get an f19 and try it out.
If I like, I keep.
If me no like, me no keep and sell.
What small amount I'd lose on resale is a small price to pay for the experience and education of a new product.
Trying new machines, for me, is a big part of the fun connected with the hobby.
I'm not particularly brand-loyal either. I use different makes.
Cheers

Also consider that at FT they are always develoving something new. Meaning that it may just look like a GB Pro with a few extras, but they have probably increased processor speed, or its ability see through the iron? I don't think they sit on their hands in the engineering department. Just my opinion

Hightone said:
I figured at Kelly Co. under Fisher coils, they have them divided into catagories. Some say F5/F19 coil, as they fit both.

Also, it appears the F5 can also use the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro coils, according the the site.. The F19 seems to be a modified Gold Bug (as I said).

At least that's how it looks. Guess I could be wrong.

The F19 is a 19 khz detector . The F5 is 7.8 kHz if I recall correctly. They're not going to be compatible, regardless of what Kellymart says.

F5 coils are compatible with the 7.8 khz Teknetics Frat series of detectors.

I'm guessing the F19 will be coil compatible with the Gold Bug detectors since they operate on the same frequency.

When you go to the Fisher site under coils, the 10" and 11" DD coils under F5 and F19 are the same number for ordering.

I remember reading something rescently about frequencies not being as big a deal with the newer electronics over the older, (digital over analog). It's why a same freq F19 is a Coin shooter, Beach hunter, Gold prospector and yet the Gold Bug ad just says "good for Gold Prospecting". I think the digital units utilize much more availabilities over the analogs.

I was reading an article about freqs and wondered which was best for depth. In the older days, the lower the deeper the signal penetrated, but the lesser chance of the receiver picking up returned signal for ID. The higher, the less penetration, but the return signal (from inducted metal) could be smaller and still identifiable (small Gold nuggets). But digital has a way of taking any signal freq transmitted (between 1 to 30 khz) and be pretty precise in what it wants to tell you resides inside the signal. Like a better magnifing glass. Picture the difference between the old records we use to listen to that would get a scratch on it and compare it to todays CD, No crackle, pops, etc makes for better clarity.

And as for coils, they are nothing more than a transceiver, like a HAM antenna. And how many freqs can they send and receive?