Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-19

.......the F5 with a separate control for gain and sensitivity/threshold, over detectors that combine them under one pot. This allows the F5 to effectively take it's 7.8 freq specs and make them as hot as the 19khz.

At least it appears that way. It seems to me that the only limitations to the F5s abilities are the propriatary connector plugs it was presented with. It could probably accept F75/F70 coils, if the plugs worked, at 13khz.

There's a lot of seemingly good (but actually erroneous) guesses about searchcoils kicking around in beeperlandia.

For example: the CZ's introduced in 1981 are all-analog, and run the same searchcoil at 5 and 15 kHz simultaneously. Most of the way through the CZ development we just used the old 1980's Gold Bug (19 kHz) searchcoil.

In engineering experiments I've run the Fratbros DD's successfully to less than 3 kHz.

Back in the 1980's I did some designs that ran pulse induction and VLF simultaneously on the same searchcoil: one nearly came to market.

Those factoids oughta shoot most of the theories you've seen in the previous posts. The best way to find out what works properly with what, is to ask the manufacturer.

--Dave J.

Removing my foot from my mouth, I stand corrected.:blowup:

I might be wrong on this one too, but I think it was Ben Franklin who said it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

You're A OK in my book Marcus.------There's another "saying" also----goes something like this-----"It takes a big man to admit he was wrong"!---------Del
marcomo said:
Removing my foot from my mouth, I stand corrected.:blowup:

I might be wrong on this one too, but I think it was Ben Franklin who said it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Dave,

Are you saying that you had a PI/VLF unit in the works in the 80s!!? DROOL!! Do tell....

Yep. A fully static (non-motion) ground balanced target ID machine. It's what Jim Lewellen (the company President) had been dreaming of for years. I tried to discourage him, but he was after all the guy who was signing my paycheck. He thought that this thing was going to revolutionize metal detecting and sell like crazy. I told him that it'll eventually develop a small but fanatic cult following. It wasn't quite what he wanted to hear.

When he unveiled it to our distributors with a grand flourish, after an hour of playing with it they told him they hoped never to see it again. Fortunately none of them were destined to be the first member of the cult following. Poor Jim was in a deep funk for two weeks straight after having been told that his baby was ugly, but then he snapped out of it and we got to work on what we should have been doing all along, the platform that became the CZ. Introduced in 1991 and still being manufactured with very few changes.

Lol, very interesting. I had no idea that a vlf/pi combo was feasable. But my expertise has always been in electrical propulsion, and more recently, the medical arena. I'm thankful you folks focused on the CZ... Have owned a CZ 20 and a CZ3D, great detectors. Thank you for the inside story, very cool. I'm looking forward to the next gen. of F series from you folks. Say, after the F19, how about a FZ75....:)

My appreciation of history got me into this hobby, and I find the history of the detectors themselves interesting too. Dave, thanks for sharing the inside baseball stuff.

Del, thanks for the support. You're a credit to this forum and I'm proud to call you a friend.

marcomo said:
Hightone said:
I figured at Kelly Co. under Fisher coils, they have them divided into catagories. Some say F5/F19 coil, as they fit both.

Also, it appears the F5 can also use the Gold Bug and Gold Bug Pro coils, according the the site.. The F19 seems to be a modified Gold Bug (as I said).

At least that's how it looks. Guess I could be wrong.

The F19 is a 19 khz detector . The F5 is 7.8 kHz if I recall correctly. They're not going to be compatible, regardless of what Kellymart says.

F5 coils are compatible with the 7.8 khz Teknetics Frat series of detectors.

I'm guessing the F19 will be coil compatible with the Gold Bug detectors since they operate on the same frequency.
Yes, the F-19 is a 19 kHz model, just like the Gold Bug Pro & Gold Bug DP and Teknetics G2. However, they all are compatible with, and coils are interchangeable with, the Greek Series Tek. and similar Fisher F models, such as the F5, that operate at 7.8 kHz. You can check the Accessory Coil Chart on the Fisher website and note that, like the G2 and Gold Bug Pro/DP, they use ONLY the Double-D coils, not the Concentric coils.

So, yes, the F-19 can use the same Double-D coils as the F-5, but can't work well with the Concentric coils for the F-5 [size=small](nor Greek Series and Euro-Tek Pro models from Teknetics)[/size].

I do hope it works well and that a Teknetics equivalent with maybe the same camo finish and stock search coil will be introduced, however I do have a problem with the new F-19. A couple of them, actually, and those are that I don't see a major revision from the Gold Bug Pro, other than looks, stock coil and a back-light, to justify a $200 increase in MSRP over the GB Pro. The $899 puts it in the same price point as the White's MXT All-Pro [size=small](same as the former MXT Pro)[/size], and I personally prefer to work with Concentric coils instead of Double-D, but the F-19 is only 'OK' with the DD coils.

I hope to put one in my hands as soon as they are released and, honestly, I hope it will surprise me with performance that might be a bit better than the Gold Bug Pro/G2. It's officially summer and it's also ghost town season for me from May through September. I have several detectors I use that work great in ghost towns, and I have done pretty well with the Tek. Omega in the past. Next week I am off to some Utah, Nevada and Oregon town sites and will also be working a Teknetics Euro-Tek Pro w/8" Concentric and 5" DD coils to see how it fares.

As quickly as I can get an F-19 in-hand, it will be put to the task of hunting the very littered, yet productive, western states ghost towns and homesteads I enjoy working. Since some Fisher models have a few added features over the Teknetics line, such as the F5 compared with the Omega, if they brought out a Fisher version of the Euro-Tek Pro it would be nice if the Fisher version would have a Ground Balance control added. It would really improve the performance and versatility.

Anyway, Dave J. explained the frequency and coil thing, and I just wanted to remind readers that the F-19, at 19 kHz, is only "approved" for use with the Double-D search coils.

Monte

Monte-----If we can EVER get you broke of using those stinkin concentric coils you'll be an all right guy!!:lol:-----How's things going up there at Arlington my friend?----We passed through there the other day on the way to The Dalles for a family memorial.---Though about you but didn't have time to stop in, perhaps another time.----------Del

n/t

I used to think you didn't need a high priced machine to coin shoot. Until I got my butt kicked with one! But what I got with my high priced machine was stabiluity, accurate target ID at depth and yes a super nickel magnet. This nickel notch has netted me war nickels, shield nickels and a lot of Buffalo's that other machines group into a large nickel window so your actually digging more trash than nickels. Not to mention super deep silver. Super deep to me is 8+ inches (measured). I've been on a long search for a great complimentory machine to my high end machine. I've used a lot let me tell you. Then I got on to the Gold Bug Pro. What a fun lightweight machine! Great target ID, super fast reset speed, nickel killer, super quiet at 100% power and at 2.5 pounds is nice on the arm. But there are times I hunt in the late evening and night and could use a backlite. Plus I will use the notch feature for our trashy parks to get rid of most of the tabs when I get tired or run out of time digging them. So for me the F19 will be a welcome addition.

Me too. I used the G2 and loved it. Very stable and light. Im thinking the f19 may be my little brother to my etrac. ... The extra options it has is nice and if its as quiet as the G2 then im buying.

I dont have anything against bounty hunter. Ive owned one. But as far as first texas i feel as they are the entry level machines made from that company. Dont matter. Im interested in the F19 and am awaiting the day they have some in stock.

I actually got to where I was using my Gold Bug Pro more than my high dollar machine. I sold my GBP about 2 months ago to have more money to buy more F19's. I miss that detector! But the F19 will be the cat's meow for sure. Especially if you've owned a GB, GBP or G2. It only took me about 3 minutes of use to know the GBP was a keeper. I've owned the other brands of multi purpose machines and "to me" they didn't come close to the smooth performance, simplicity and fun factor of my Gold Bug Pro. The F19 with the extra goodies will most likely be my main machine. No, I won't quit using my other machine because it does a specific task for me. I will also be making some F19 videos as soon as I get them.

-- moved topic --

n/t