Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 LTD field info for those interested.

Now there'll be more to it than just having to decide if anyone should believe some nut job from Ohio. :rofl:

Toms test will help make up my mind those NASA guys don't miss a thing....

Toms test will help make up my mind those NASA guys don't miss a thing....

Apart from landing on the moon!!
It was all a big hoax you know, it's true it really is:laugh:

I really did well with the F75 and I really loved it. I only sold it because one: I have a T2 and two: a friend was going to a paid hunt and needed it for his "team". I loaned it to him but he loved it so much... (still does BTW) that I decided to sell it to him. Now.. I can get the LTD!!!!!....!!!!

I used a T2 for about a year when it came out then bought an F75 and used it for well over a year. I have this disease you see... I cannot resist a new detector. I like new detectors almost as much as I like detecting. About that time I decided that I wanted to try a ML SE and I bought one. I knew that some people swear by them and make good finds with the Exp. Well, it was like WORK for me trying to learn that machine but I was not going to be beat by it... I determined to master it.
I fought with it for a year, it was like work every time. I hunted at least 4 days a week during that time. I would fight with the ML... make no to few finds and after an hour or two i'd get the F75 out and immediately begin to make finds... every time, really.
I will say this... I finally switched to AM/ferrous and began to make a few finds... but I was over it, by that time I hated the machine but wouldn't admit it. I didn't want to give the detector the satisfaction. So... next I bought an ET and it was like an old friend right out of the box... it is a good machine and has a place in my arsenal... but I miss the F75, even though I have the T2. The SE now lives in my closet, I banished it. I guess I should sell it...

I believe a hunter needs several detectors. I can usually make new finds by using different machines at a site. I had a cavalry camp, still do, where I hunted with several machines and they all made finds the others missed. Most recently the 4.75 coil on the T2 pulled a small caliber bullet out of a part of the site I have hunted many times. The three machines that made the most finds there were the T2, F75, and a Tejon with the 5.75 HOT coil. The F75 was the one that pulled a US box plate out from under some tree roots at about 14". I hope the LTD will open this site up again. It is a home that was first built in the 1830s, it burned, then an attorney's office was built and burned, then Bobby Jones' (the golfer) aunt built a house there in 1907... it still stands. Bobby is the only child known the have ever stayed there and I found a WW I cast toy soldier. It had to have belonged to Bobby Jones but I cannot prove it, also it was another F75 find... BTW, this site is horrible ground. Full of cut square nails and iron ore. There are old iron mines all in the hills here. During the CW there were quite a few furnaces in the hills around here, some made cannonballs. You can drag a magnet three ft across the ground here, on the hills, and it will be covered with little pebbles of ore. The F75 and the T2 both handle it well as do some of the MLs and the Tesoros do very well in the nails.... (just saying).
Out of all the detectors I have loved and used... I think the two best are the F75 and the ET.. so this new LTD is a must have for me and I would think for any seriuos hunter. If you've never used one, if you're used to using a quiet machine and you are going to buy one of these F75s... you better prepare yourself ahead of time. It takes a bit of time to get used to but if you stick with it you will be glad you did. The tones come at you fast and they are not musical. The F75 works faster than your brain can process the info and it likes to be swung fast, fast seperates better and IDs better... so be ready to be overwhelmed at first but also be ready to dig stuff you never dreamed of. You'll dig good targets from your old sites that your other favorite machine missed... I can promise you that, especially since they are including a small coil with it and about hat small coil... i've always heard that you can figure the depth you'll get from a coil by it's size. ie an 8" coilshould get you about 8" of depth. You can forget that with these coils. I don't know how or why but I can hit a quarter I buried at 10/11" with the 4.75 coil on the T2. It is "iffy" but the TID is correct, if momentary. I can't explain it but I seen it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears... Now, if I hadn't known it was there i'd have walked right past it but still, it's quite a feat and with the boost on the F75 and the F75 being already deeper than the T2... wellllll who knows, I cna't wait to try it.

Now I seem to have started the process all over again, though it's not quite as bad this time.. with the V3. I am not going to continue to struggle with it the way I did with the SE though. I think I am going to sell it and get myself an F75 LTD... a machine that I KNOW will perform well for me.

People say that the F75/T2 machines are unstable... pffft unstable my foot! I can make a Tesoro or a Sovereign unstable if I set it up wrong. Most any machine can become unstable. One thing i learned about the F75, when I was trying to use the JE mode, is that it will quieten down if you lower the coil to the ground and swing it, especially in JE. It will chatter like crazy as long as you hold it still and off the ground. I imagine the LTD is like this too. I will admit, the F75 hears so much, and feeds so many sounds into your brain that you may think that it is unstable but it is not... you just gotta learn it's language.

I am excited about the LTD. If it really is deeper, in the real world, than the stock F75... it will be a milestone. It will be the deepest VLF machine on the market... it will cange everything if it will have a reasonably accurate TID on a dime over 12" in the ground. I am excited!! but I am easily excited... should I be excited?

My luck, i'll buy one, lay it down in the leaves... and it will disappear due to the camo... really, I wonder if anyone will lose one in the woods. If anyone can it will be me...

Anyone want to buy a .... nevermind. :crazy:

I'm glad my wife loves me... and I am glad she is a CPA... heh. ... "a drunkard's dream if I ever did see one...." She is living proof that you can make something out of nothing.... (that'd refer to me).

OK... I know I am rambling but I have cabin fever... it has been rain, rain, rain here and it's supossed to rain tomorrow and Monday... and on and on... it rained all day today.

OK, i'll shutup now. Get me a LTD... i'm ready!

J

I think it was Tom who said that if this machine will detect a dime over 12" and Id it... it will change everything... and if the LTD really is deeper, in a meaningful way... you know, not only deeper.. but deeper with a good TID with that depth then everythng changes.

I'm sold!

BTW... how are you? We were going to exchange books at one time.

J

n/t

This has never been a problem for me but I have a friend who likes to night hunt and has always wished he could turn the backlight off. Me... i'd fall in a hole or get my butt shot if I tried to hunt at night... 'sides, I get tired in the evenin' and i've always liked to be home at night... I like the family life.

Some people would like to turn it off though...

J

n/t

jimmyk said:
Yeah, the moon landing was fake, but professional wrestling is real.:bouncy:

jimmyk in Missouri

I'm not going to "fall" for that one.

I bet if we went detecting on the moon there would still be pull tabs!!

I wouldn't fancy it though there would be just no atmosphere:tongue:

n/t

jmaryt said:
no apology necessary!..it's a fact!..as john wayne once said and i quote!.."life is tough!..it's even tougher if you are stupid!"

(h.h!)
j.t.

I don't remember Big Jooooohn saying that:shocked:

I do remember him saying "Okay Kincade gerr offerrr yer horse and drink yerrr milk"

He wasn't testing a F75 LTD at the time though so have i posted in the wrong section:unsure::confused:

He uses an old Fisher 1260 X..... with a pair of Accusound headphones! And he is always in the woods..... I think he's retired or something!

Now that's an idea....... get the school to buy one....... teach TDI numbers...... positive integers, detuning, etc..... it might just work! And, jbow....... how'd you know about the old truck?

How did he know about the "old truck"? That's an easy one. You ARE from Arkansas, right? He was just following the "profile" :wiggle:

jimmyk in Missouri

Very interesting, Tom Dankowski is starting to report his F75 Ltd test results (you can read them in depth at his site).

To summarize his results - He's finding that although the F75 Ltd provides minimal depth improvements (less then a quarter inch) but what it IS doing is making targets at the fringe depth of detection light up with a much more pronounced audio which otherwise would be passed by.

Keep in mind that the soil in Florida is essentially inert, so I would tend to believe (perhaps incorrectly so) that in that zero mineral sand they call soil in Florida, that you would get the maximum amount of depth possible out of a VLF machine (barring of course other variables such as EMI, iron, etc) and he's seeing that in the "boost" mode he can hit a dime at 12.2" maximum depth, 12.4" and it's no longer detectable. He's also reporting that while in ground depth hasn't effectively increased, that there is an additional 3" of "air gap" realized.

Please see his website for more details.

hh,
Brian

is that the LTD seems to have a slight advantage over the older F75, worth the extra money? Think I'll just stay with my original plan and get the Etrac instead. HH to all.