Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-75 upgrade link

I think the videos he's talking about our own Tom Dankowski's - site they were done by Keith Southern

I can see a day when the higher end units like the F75 will have a mini USB plug, and the units will upgrade software like GPS units update maps. Of course, sending it back alleviates download problems plus it's tested. I wonder if they give you a certification of upgrade in case you sell it.

The fact,that the serial number comes up when you turn it on shows that it has been upgraded, as does the fact that it has the FA mode, the new tones and the chouse od DST on or off when you do a reset.

No F70 upgrade? :sad: I'd get along a lot better with my F70 if it was just a touch more stable and had adjustable iron audio... I won't really complain about the sparkiness, but give me an iron muffler, pretty please...

Sent my F75 to El Paso today for a free upgrade, collected by UPS from the UK at a shipping cost of £100($161) including insurance to its full new value of £990, it's only three weeks old. Thankfully Fisher are shipping it back free of charge.

Has there been confirmation from Fisher that the extended warranty is added to the remaining years that you already have on your warranty or does it begin when you have the upgrade done? So if you have 4 years of warranty on your detector when you send in for an upgrade, does it mean that you will have 3 years of transferable warranty for $99 and one year's warranty that's not transferable or do you have 4 years of transferable warranty?

tabman

I believe its only 3 years if you have no warranty or no proof of purchase. If your are original purchaser, therefore having warranty with proof of purchase, you warranty is extended 3 more years and is transferable. So you could have 7+ years of warranty if you just got one recently. However, I haven't seen clarification if this full extension transfers or only 3 years from upgrade transfers.

Here's what Fisher sent me when I asked.

On Oct 28, 2014, at 7:19 PM, Mike Scott <ms@frsttx.com> wrote:

If you buy the 3 year transferable warranty;

1. With no existing warranty you now have a 3 years transferable.
2. With 1 year left, you now have 4 years and all are transferable
3. With 2 years left, you now have 5 years and all are transferable
4. With 4 years left, you now have 7 years and all are transferrable
5. With 4 years and 4 months, you now have 7 years and 4 months and all are transferable

Its extended and transferrable warranty so its ‘extending’ what warranty is left AND making it all transferable at the same time……..
A great deal for $99 but you need to have proof of purchase to prove your existing warranty

Thanks,

Mike Scott
Director of Business Development
First Texas Products

any dealers want to clear a new "old stock" F75 LTD? lol Sounds like doing that with upgrade is quicker to get, and have a 8 year transferable warranty available to boot!