Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F19 First Test in trash is impressive

ChuckVT

So, went out today with my new F19 to hit a VERY trashy apartment building built back in the 70's. I have tried all kinds of detectors there, and this is my "go to" test for seeing how a unit can do in crazy heavy trash. They actually used a lot of scrap iron and such for filler in this lot, so it is beyond most detectors abilities to hunt here. There is so much nulling and popping, I consider it lucky if I pull a single coin out of the ground. I fired up the F19 and in just the 20 minutes I had alloted for this brief run, I was able to pull two zincolns and a nickel out from between all the scrap. This with the standard 10x5 coil. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I even dug two very "iffy" signals only because they were both deep, and ended up with two very rusted bottlecaps from 9" down. I was still impressed that I was able to isolate those with all the nails and iron scraps laying around. I think Fisher has a real winner here!

n/t

Not much talk on the forum about the f19 , sounds like a find machine.Is this the precestor to the f70? I've got an f5 , my little brother (markcz5) now owns an f70 and my big brother(wv62) owns an f75. This park we hunt in sure has a lot of trash, that f19 could be good for our area.

I'd like to see how it works on our canadian steel clad.the f19 looks like a great machine

Actually, it is their newest machine. The F75 was so named because it was Fisher's 75th year, and I guess they went with F70 because it was in the same family as the F75, only a few less bells and whistles. It really has a very fast recovery speed and it really can pick out good stuff in trash. Also, at 19kz, it makes a decent gold machine. I think that 10x5 solid DD coil is a good part of its success. I had a Fisher F75 and I think I prefer this in heavy trash.

I hear you, Cladcanada. Well..I may live in Vermont, but my gf lives in Toronto, so I guess I will have to see how it hits on your loonies and toonies!! :)