Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F4 finding Canadian Clad

CanadaDig

If anyone can tell me a better way to pick up loonies and Toonies, I have disc iron 1 and 2 and did air test and even though our coins have come into this range they do show higher readings and bounce around. I have yet to find one but found a bunch of pennies. U.S. Coins are easier to get while I travel in the States. Our Quarters in show foil on air test.

Anyone have any Tips for hunting in Canada with an F4?

One other thing, I have practiced in my garden as well, just puzzled after 70 hours in parks, I find pennies, and a sliver quarter and even a Large sent from 1919 but have not hit one quarter, loonie or Toonie.

This is part of a post from another canadian detectorist from a different site:

In Canada, our post 1999 pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters are plated coins with steel cores. These coins will cause the F4 to bounce between the low end of the scale to the high end and everywhere in between...it's kind of how you can determine you've got new Cdn. clad under the coil.

Personally, I would do alot of bench testing with the coins in question so you recognize their behavior.