Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f5 to F70 upgrade?

longbone

Time to upgrade from the F5 . Thinking about the F70. How does the ID on gold and nickels compare to F5 also how reliable is pinpoint function?.Or maybe I should consider another detector.All input apreciated.

F70 is more of Relic machine with it depth. If your looking coin machine look into Xterra 707, Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab Safari, SE PRO, or Etrac.

I had both the F5 and the F70, IMHO they are more or less the same machine, aside from frequency differences. Either unit with the 11" DD coil is more or less equal IMHO.

I never really considered the Omega,I thought the F5 and Omega were basically the same with F5 having better interface. Can an Omega user help me out here .How is the Omega with nickels and gold rings? I also like to relic hunt .

I think the Omega is a great coin machine and not to bad with relic's either. Although I'm currently moving to a F75 and I've owned a F70 before I find myself puzzled why some consider certain detectors to be just relic machines and not good for coin shooting. I had a personal discussion with Bill Ladd on this very subject. I've been detecting for years although some years I didn't get out as often as I liked. But through all those years I considered myself a coin shooter and not a relic hunter. But with every machine I've ever owned I found many relics along with coins as well and I never realized until I talked to Bill that we are all "detectorists" and find what our machines find for us. I have the same interest in relics as I do coins and visa versa. Relics are not all made of iron or lead but consist of copper and brass and silver and even gold artifacts can be considered relic's from the past.
Today's detectors have a wide range of applications so any top of the line detector or close to the top made by a top manufacture will provide you with all the relics or coins you desire for now and years to come. Just IMHO.... Happy Trails, Woodstock

Longbone.......Mike Hillis is the F5 guru.......and Monte has used about every detector under the Sun. Mike favors the F5 for his type of hunting....and Monte favors the Omega for his. Both men are incredibly experienced. Read their posts. It's really dependent on what detector performance features are most important to YOU. Each machine excels in certain areas and is average in others.

On the contrary it seems we have experts with all the machines we talked about them and still some arrive at the same conclusions. Whatever machine you decide to use for whatever hunting you do in your area will preform well as long as you learn what it's telling you. All machines seem to get their maximum depth in AM and find relic's along with coins and coins along with relics and the more you discriminate the more depth can be lost. The Omega seems to lock on to coins and may or may not have an edge on the F70 depending on the operator and the soil conditions but the F70 has been said to be deeper and will lock on to coins and relics if indeed there are coins and relic's to be found. There isn't one machine built that will only find coins and ignore relic's and if there was one built just for coins I'd avoid it cause a relic is just as an exciting find and can be just as valuable to operator. In most cases coins are found in parks and modern homesteads and relic's in old homes steads and plowed fields but this is just an observation and not written in stone. Keepers can be a colonial axe head that know one would toss away as much as a large cent and if there's one to be found either machine should be able to find it. It seems like some of us think relic hunters toss away or ignore coins and coin hunters toss relic's away and that is not the case by any means.
As far as F5's go, if you like dials to tweak then go for it. On the other hand if you like pads to push then go for the F70 and you'd be happy with a Omega as well with the combination of both. If you take the time to learn them either one will preform as well as the other. Again this is in MHO.Happy Hunting and I hope you find the one you need.
Woodstock

It also helps that these manufactures make some of the best if not the best all around detectors today so picking one from this line up a person can't go wrong...and the fact that your having a sale on them so it doesn't hurt to mention them either....right Bart ? Hey, don't forget the Omega, it might not be on sale yet but it's a darn nice machine for the money and should be considered and in that short list too....IMHO... Happy Hunting, Woodstock
Big Boys Hobbies said:
F70 is more of Relic machine with it depth. If your looking coin machine look into Xterra 707, Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab Safari, SE PRO, or Etrac.

I would agree with Brian (Cal_Cobra). The F70 isn't really a step up, neither is the Omega. They are just different but not a big enough boost in performance to be called a real upgrade. If you are really wanting to upgrade and boost performace, then you would want the F75.

HH
Mike

I also agree that the F70 and the Omega are not really a step up but more the same in total performance placed together detector to detector. And a total upgrade would be a Fisher F75 for a boost in performance. HH, Woodstock

Thanks to all of you who responded . I learned more from all you actual users than I did from hours of reading and comparing on line.May make the jump to the F75 .