Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 bp vs all metal?

kmyer74

I am wondering how much if any depth is lost in all metal mode compared to boost process? I usually use all metal but was wondering if im losing depth. Thanks in.advance

Although I seldom hunt in all metal, if the coil in a m and boost are right on top of the ground I would doubt you would be loosing any depth at all in a m verses boost. As close as I can tell, as an example, boost maybe gets an extra inch verses the de mode. Where boost becomes a major factor is if you have to have the coil several inches above the ground do to tall grass, brush, and so on. Since a m is a little deeper then de, at the very least, a m and boost are probably close to the same. HH jim tn

I read somewhere if you have disc in BP and you switch to all metal then the all metal mode is also boost. Dont know if this is true but I can say that all metal is the deepest mode in every detector I've every owned. There's no signal processing. I do hunt in AM with the F75 where there is not a lot of trash. But its a pain to check every signal on the screen.

Now that you mention it, I think I recall seeing that too that boost carries over to all metal. But regardless, all metal is usually the deepest. HH jim tn

I don't believe that any depth is lost in am.I used it for the first time Saturday while relic hunting it seemed a little deeper than disc. The vid still works in am. the readings around 10 -20 were rusty nails/wires.. and some modern 22 bullets came in around 20-23 or so. 58 cal bullets read higher, in the 50's I believe. I'll be doing some more relic hunting in am..

No depth loss from using the all metal mode.
You can either run the all metal mode in regular or boost mode, but the boost process must first be chosen in the discrimination mode then switch to the all metal mode.
The air space is the biggest advantage of the BP mode.
The audio response is lengthened in BP mode, this is an advantage in clean ground where targets could be deep.
In trashy areas use one of the standard modes.

kmyer74 said:
I am wondering how much if any depth is lost in all metal mode compared to boost process? I usually use all metal but was wondering if im losing depth. Thanks in.advance