Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Hits Unexpected Lunchtime Surprise

psyvad

I was getting tired of sitting at the computer today so decided to head out for an hour at lunch to a local soccer field and see if I could get lucky and find a ring. After finding about 60 cents worth of clad, I got a 90-92 reading about 1" deep. So I gave a poke with the screwdriver (good thing I didn't push hard) and felt a coin less than 1" down. Boy was I surprised when this Morgan Dollar popped out. The fact that the coin was less than 1" deep in a newer area built up in the 1970s means it must have been a recent drop. Anyway the coin is in excellent condition. I'll take it. Even though the pictures of the cleaned coin look a bit golden, the coin is bright silver -- must be the inside lighting.

Nice work. And way better than staring at a computer.

WOW!... That is awsome,..In Great shape as well..Great find!!! I bet more of your "lunchtime" will be spent at that place!?!:thumbup:

That was some soccer referee's toss coin. You'd be supprised at what the various ref's will use for toss coins. The less experienced referees ( that means they haven't lost enough toss coins yet) will slip their toss coin in their shirt pocket, which of course means that sooner or later it will bounce out while they run. The more experienced refs will slip them into their pants pockets.

Great find.

HH
Mike

I like Mike's thought about lost toss coin. Means that there will be more nice drops to be found.

Congrats on the nice Morgan!

I found a barber half in the bingo tent at a carnie site last summer, funny how they seem to pop up as though people still carry them around! Great find!

Nice! - might have to take breakfast, snack, lunch, that's 2 hour lunch breaks that is, and don't forget 1 hour potty breaks :biggrin: