Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 ltd2 info Elton (mod) asked me to post!

Ok so we all know by now I've been testing the ltd2 for awhile now! All I can say is this is how the f75 ltd2 is how the f75 should have been all along! It's hard to beleive this's hime can get any better! BUT IT IS! They have a new fast process that's just freakin amazing we air tested a small gold ring at the last GRD hunt with mike Scott at 18"s, this thing runs so smooth and quiet! It performs like it should have all along! I have taken this machine to several spots IVE POUNDED! And pulled buttons and coins that other machines couldn't see! If you like the f75 or f75 ltd. Then you will love how the ltd2 runs! It's deeper and get this NO EMI issues even running at 99 in boost! Don't know how they did it but it's done!

If you have any more questions or wanna put your hands on one and your local call me 502-262-0356

As always i have smoking deals. Call Vance !!!!

That does sound great!-----Couple of questions comes to mind----(1) What is this going to do to past F-75 sales (prices) that people have & also the past (new) F-75 units that dealers still have on their shelves?----(2) Is FT going to "upgrade" past F-75 LTD's to have the same capabilities as these new F-75 LTD2's?

I bought a new F75Se about 6 months ago. It will be very interesting to see what transpires in terms of possible upgrades for owners of F75LTD/Se's that are still under warranty. If Fisher/FT offers the upgrade at a modest price (I don't believe it will be for free), I may think about it.

If they stay tough luck....oh well...I will be a bit annoyed and it may be possible my 20+ year relationship with the Fisher/FT brand may be over. I won't sell off any of my CZ's nor F75Se, but no more new units for me. I love their products, but if no upgrade is available, it seems at least to me, it's a slap in the face for recent buyers of the F75LTD/Se models.

JMHO

I think they will have a hard time selling these until they let respected users put it through it's paces that don't have a financial interest. The F19 was a mess on release and everyone is now very cautious with their dollars towards FTP. IMO

therover said:
I bought a new F75Se about 6 months ago. It will be very interesting to see what transpires in terms of possible upgrades for owners of F75LTD/Se's that are still under warranty. If Fisher/FT offers the upgrade at a modest price (I don't believe it will be for free), I may think about it.

If they stay tough luck....oh well...I will be a bit annoyed and it may be possible my 20+ year relationship with the Fisher/FT brand may be over. I won't sell off any of my CZ's nor F75Se, but no more new units for me. I love their products, but if no upgrade is available, it seems at least to me, it's a slap in the face for recent buyers of the F75LTD/Se models.

JMHO

Don't hold your breath waiting for that upgrade to happen. First Texas has made it very clear in the past that they are not in the upgrade business and they are not going to upgrade older detectors when new versions come out.

Financially speaking, it doesn't make sense to do upgrades as opposed to selling new detectors. R&D isn't supported by low or no profit upgrades. The only time I know of FT upgrading older detectors was when the boost and cache 75s came out and they upgraded them for the members of the Fisher team for a big national relic hunt. The difference then was that it did make financial sense to upgrade those detectors so that the Fisher team could place higher which obviously helps them sell more product.

Some detecting manufacturers have been known to do upgrades as someone mentioned, but that's not the norm in this business or anywhere in the fast changing world of electronics. Common sense should tell anyone who buys a flagship detector that its top-of-the-line days are numbered.

Some previous F75 users will no doubt get upset, but that has been the FT policy for years so no one should be surprised.

I don't understand why the FT marketing department didn't differentiate this product more in the naming which would solve two issues. First, previous F75 users who think they should be entitled to have their detector upgraded would be a lot less likely to get upset if they didn't see F75 in the detector name. Secondly, it would eliminate the confusion between this detector and previous generations.

When the rumors started flying about a new Fisher/FT unit, the thoughts were multi frequency,waterproof, etc.

Then the F19 comes out....a more 'upgraded' GB Pro. Then this 'new' F75 which is just an upgraded F75LTD/Se.

Too bad they could have just stated to new clients 6 months ago 'Hey, if you are thinking of buying a new F75LTD...wait !!!!"

I guess they should have called it an F80 and everything would be fine. I just bought an F75SE about 3 weeks ago. Sure I may have waited but probably not, I had read here on the forum that they were coming out with an upgraded model in the future. I got a great deal on the F75SE and it is performing well and I have no complaints. Will I purchase the new version? Probably as the one I have works very well and will pay for itself quickly. I guess the alternative would be to never make improvements and everyone would be happy with what they now have. It happens in detectors and other products. I bought an MXT and then they came out with the MXT Pro I guess I should have complained as I wish my MXT had tones, my computer was out of date soon after I bought it and my IPad and I Phone have both had improvements since I purchased mine. I guess I do not see the problem. I hope all the companies continue to come out with new or improved products.

Life is hard and then you upgrade. I cannot tell you how many times I bought a cell phone, lap top or other tech item and wham a new and improved model comes out. I got my last one the first day and from the first company to carry the new model, so I am 1 out of maybe 75 on timing! I know how you guys feel. But... maybe when the new and improved CZ comes out we will feel better.
I too hate the name confusion, that there is NO EXCUSE for!

i think the smart thing for fisher to do is have all the new f75ltds that are on the shelfs sent back to the factory for this upgrade nobody is going to want the old f75se if this new one is that much better then they should offer this upgrade to all f75ltd customers hopefully at a low fair price if they do this they will keep me as a customer hh

Well, nobody is going to want the old model F-75 when you can have this new model for the same price.-----But to have it coming out under the same name??? I guess they did add a "2" to it (F-75 LTD2).

Del, I don't think First Texas will bite the bullet and upgrade any of the new stock or recently sold F75-T2's. I bought one of the first T2's and within a month of it hitting the market, it was upgraded. I had a less than a month old T2 that I had to pay for the upgrade. That was hard to swallow. I think all new stock sitting at the dealers should be discounted with some kind of rebate. I guess this is what happens when a long time model is upgraded. Maybe a name change and or price hike would make it more tolerable to the consumer.

Well guys-----not only the customer & the dealer that has F-75's sitting on their shelves (now new, old stock)---but also the distributor.-----FT can't leave the distributor (or dealer) sitting with "X" amount of F-75's that they can't move.-----FT is going to have to do something---whether it be price discounted earlier (new) F-75's----or bring 'em back in for the upgrades.------As to the customer--it would seem the opportunity to have this upgrade done back to a certain purchase date would be reasonable (even at a small cost).-------In any case, it's going to be very interesting to see how this whole thing plays out.--------Myself, I would be a buyer of this new release F-75--if they have indeed whipped (or even 70% whipped) this lousy EMI problem that the 75 has been plaqued with & is now a smoother (more stable) hunter.-----I HOPE they have and it is!----------Del

This was posted on Facebook on 9-25-14 at 3:22pm :clap:

Fisher posted 2 hours ago on Facebook "There has been a lot of questions about the ability to upgrade your existing F75 and F75LTD to that of the new Advanced Technology F75 and F75LTD and the answer is yes they can be upgraded. Stay tuned we will be announcing our upgrade program soon!"

WOW!

Im honestly impressed ;) i know people were upset and worried that the older units may not be upgradable ... I look at it this way FT upgraded a fantastic detector and made it (hopefully) much better by updating small things that can be an easy upgrade for all f75 units.. That is amazing!! Im buying one this fall and hope all bugs are worked out ;)

n/t