Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75ltd; I've been doing this wrong!

david bull

I'm a relic hunter,mostly in open fields.Like most,I started out in disc mode and later switched to all metal motion.Usually I would listen for the higher zip-zip tones,but a few days ago I noticed the vdi numbers jumping on the softer tones.After digging a few of these lower tones and finding good targets at good depth, I'm convinced that I've been doing this wrong!David

Deeper targets react a lot different that shallow targets on your VDI screen especially smaller targets like coins, the numbers will jump around a lot more. I've learned to listen more for sharp crisp sounds, especially faint sounding targets.

When I relic hunt I hunt in AM. I found the same results as you did.. good finds at depth.. Best of luck and HH

I have noticed that targets with a vdi of 5 or less are usually small iron,5-10 can be larger iron(think gun tools) and targets 10+ will usually be non ferrous,even with jumpy vdi's.