Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75LTD Volume Control Location

david bull

Has anyone addressed the problem of "bumping" the volume control on the F75 ? I've tried the orings under the knob trick to make it harder to turn but still occasionally find that I've turned the volume down without realizing it.TIA David

As a relative "newbie" to the F75 this Summer, this was one of the design flaws that I thought was really irritating. I'm usually in enough trash that I notice when sound is missing or at a lower volume, so I pick up on the volume having turned down pretty quickly. Still, I wish it were on the back of the unit somehow.

All the years I have hunted with the F 75, I have never had a volume control knob problem as you mention. I turn the knob to full volume and then regulate the volume I want with the head phone volume knob(s). What seems to be turning the volume down,brushing the knob against your clothing? HH jim tn

I think it happens when standing back up after a dig. It probably brushes my leg. Not every time, but it does happen. No headphones for me. I use a BT module plugged into the headphone jack and then wear the receiver clipped to my shirt collar, and use a single earbud in my left ear. So I do depend on the power/volume knob to control the sound.

Overall, placement of the power/volume knob is not a big deal, but would be on my list for a future design tune up.

Buy a set of dust covers. One for the screen and one for the battery housing. The hole in the battery housing cover for the volume knob fits snug and keeps the knob from turning .
I was having the same issue and this solved the problem completely plus it's protecting the machine.

2 Much Trash is correct. I had the same problem but the dust cover for the housing fixed it for me and its no longer an issue.

HH
Mike

I have the battery housing cover on all the time, so perhaps why I don't that problem. HH jim tn

Agree with the battery cover solution. I used to have a problem with driving down the road and I could hear the F75 going nuts in back of the car because it would turn on so easy brushing up against things.

I took a curved brass curtain rod bracket and duct taped it so it guards
The volume knob but still allows adjustment.

I don't get any problems with the volume control, but there again i am left handed:rolleyes: it's not often that a device favours a lefty:clapping:

adespin said:
I don't get any problems with the volume control, but there again i am left handed:rolleyes: it's not often that a device favours a lefty:clapping:

Being a lefty has its advantages :thumbup:

Thanks for all of the feedback.Using input from these suggestions,I located a one inch wide Velcro strap around the housing and over the on/off switch.This seems to solve the problem with little expense.