Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FA

rick in mi

Bought an F75 SE the other day. Noticed it has a process called FA. My F75 LTD doesn't have this. Any of you guys or girls use this process? The manual states it's faster responding and has better separation abilities? Any advice or comments would be appreciated..hhrickinmi

You might want to try and print out a copy of the correct Users Manual for the SE. Fisher always put out well written descriptions/explanations.

Thanks guys. I kinda figured I might loose some depth. So all I have to do know is wait until the snow melts!! I bought the SE for a back up as the LTD has quite a few miles on her. Plus I got a good deal..hhrickinmi

Thanks pickitwire. I was surprised to see this new process on the SE. Although I did read a post where a gentleman used the process on one of his hunts with good results. I may have to take Jim's advice and travel a bit south and try it out!!..hhrickinmi

I use the FA with 2F when I hunt in farm fields where there was a one-room schoolhouse or other structure. Many of these sites have "ground zero" areas that are covered in nails. It will definitely help find good targets that are next to iron in these areas. A slow swing speed is required when hunting in FA. In these same areas when I get away from the heavy iron area,I will then switch to DE while still using 2F because of the loss of depth issue while in FA that was mentioned. When using it, you have to pay attention for the quick "high tones" between the iron grunts. I feel that I have recovered many coins and buttons that I otherwise would have missed.

Thanks alot miserman!!! That's very helpful. I've got a couple places in mind..hhrickinmi