Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Factory Reset ~ Is It Necessary?

unearth

With some electronic devices it is advisable to do a reset periodically, is this the same for the Equinox? I see there are varying ideas on whether this is a necessary exercise or not. Any new or concrete ideas regarding this subject?

If it gives you a warm fuzzy or you think your machine doesnt operate properly ....... do it. Ive not had any issues thats required a reset ...... and im back and forth on those programs a good bit.

unearth said:
With some electronic devices it is advisable to do a reset periodically, is this the same for the Equinox? I see there are varying ideas on whether this is a necessary exercise or not. Any new or concrete ideas regarding this subject?

Nope, no proof it does anything other than what it says, i.e. move the menu settings back to factory. If you THINK it does something more, go for it. It wont hurt anything by doing multiple resets.

I do a reset whn I think I screwed up something or adjusted it wrong , fixed a few goofs for me. Nothing wrong with using it . My opinion.

See the comments above. I believe dewcon, jason and azdigger are correct.

As a side note, I would recommend going through the settings for each of your modes (Park 1 & 2, Field 1 & 2, Beach 1 & 2, Gold 1 & 2) and making a record of your preferred settings and add whatever notes.

If you do a factory reset, and return all those settings to factory preset, you will have a record to fall back on in getting things back to where you like them. Oh, and if you're using wireless headphones or the WM08 module, you'll need to re-pair them with the 800 after the reset.

I put a copy of my settings on my cell phone so they're handy if I need them.

Rich (Utah)

I like your advice Rich. I'd throw in it would be a good idea to do a FR before updating the software (1.5 to 1.75). It seems to help with that and again it sure doesn't hurt.

pasttom said:
I like your advice Rich. I'd throw in it would be a good idea to do a FR before updating the software (1.5 to 1.75). It seems to help with that and again it sure doesn't hurt.

That's how I look at it also.