Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Factory Screen Protector?

5900_XL-1

Did your Equinox come out of the box brand new virgin, with the clear screen protector, without lots of air underneath? A friend of mine just got delivery on a 600, and I worry that it might be a customer return, as the factory film looks re-applied, not virgin. He paid a new, full retail price. Some of the buttons are really hard to press. Backlight for one, and the bluetooth audio. My 600 is very easy to actuate the buttons. I did buy my 600 used. My buttons mighta been stiff when brand new.

Thanks in advance.

the factory fresh machines dont have screen protectors. They probably have a shipping protection screen cover but its meant to be removed before use. The actual screen protector comes in a pack in the box.

My screen protector was crap BTW. It had ZERO holding power.

My recommendation is to get a tablet sized screen cover and cut it to fit the entire faceplate. Cut the "cheat sheet" off the factory cover, put it on, then put the faceplate cover over that.

you can buy a 5 pack of screen protectors in English off big auction site

I had the same issue with an Equinox 800 I bought about a month ago. There were air bubbles underneath the tempory "screen protector" and put on crooked as well. My first impression also was that the machine was previously used and was a return. However, after thoroughly inspecting my machine, I came to the conclusion that it was new and unused. My guess is that the minelab employee in charge of putting on the temporary "screen protector" may of been in a hurry and not too particular. It made a bad first impression but I soon got over it.