Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fairground hunt :minelab:

TwoRivers

It sure was nice here in Virginia today, weather was great and the bugs were hungry....My buddy Andy and myself hunted our old fairground site again......Andy found some wheats, one IH and some nickels....My finds for the day were 2 Mercs, 1 1944 Washington quarter, 2 war nickels and sixteen pennies-most were wheats....The war nickels and copper coins are badly corroded (soil?)...

The area we were hunting was bare with no grass, a spot where horse shows take place. I hunted with my SE Pro using the stock coil and set recovery to fast and deep...One of the pennies I found was at least 11 inches deep and many of the other coins were deep also.
The past couple of months is the only time I've used fast and deep settings, seems to work good. Some of the signals are a very small blip, but repeatable....

Thanks for looking........John in Va..

Congrades on some nice coin finds wtg TwoRivers :thumbup:

Nice finds - seems those spots are never really hunted out if you've got the skills and patience.
Bruce

Congrats on the nice finds- Looks like you've got yourself a nice place to hunt. GL and continued success!

-- Jeff --
[size=large][/size]

Hi, I'm a newbie and this is my first post. Just wanted to add my 2 cent's as it were and say that's some fine looking silver there. I've always wanted to find an old fairgrounds to hunt, preferably one not hunted by 2 generations of detectorists. Congrats and hope there's more to come!:)

HI Chipper........welcome to the forum............I hope you find an old fairground to hunt.....It doesn't matter if others have hunted the site, sometimes the best stuff is left for the patient and dilligent hunters who know how to work the turf with various coils etc..

Happy hunting to you......John in Va..

Thanks for the welcome. I've been hunting worn out school sites mostly(in Virginia no less, I'm from NE North Carolina) with my explorer se pro that I bought in March '14. You're right about working them with different coils(and detectors for that matter). Not to toot my horn but I've faired pretty well making off with 124 silver coins since last March. Also some nice sterling silver rings and jewelry. One of the nicest finds being a sterling silver paratrooper's badge possibly WW II era. I'll try to post some pics when I get the hang of it. Best of luck!