Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fake detectors

Rob (IL)

I closed the post Genuine Detectors because it got off track. Forget manufactures, Walmart, and tires. If you discuss detectors I'll leave it otherwise it goes to the views forum.

For proof of fakes, go to alibaba.com (chinese manufacturers website) they are selling the whites GMT for 300.00 to 450.00 and claim to be able to provide 2000 a month. While there, look up Minelab GPX4500 one company claims the ability to supply 100 a week and is selling those for 1,200.00 to 1,500.00 when it is a 5,000.00 detector. Fakes? I think so.......

Now what we need is a detector that can detect fake detectors...a detector-detector.

hAPPY hOLIDAYS

Hard to discuss the issues of fake detectors without pointing out the issues of the Bigger Picture.

In any case, there are definitely fake detectors out there. In the case of White's, we have not seen any make it into the US, other than the units we personally bought to inspect. I have heard rumors that Minelab GPX4500 clones have made it in to the US but have not verified. White's is aggressively trying to shut down the counterfeiters. I'm sure Tek & Minelab are doing the same.

Whether you are buying new or used, I recommend an authorized dealer. Beware of foreign sources, especially those that are moving a lot of units. If a unit is priced "too good to be true" then it likely is just that. If you buy on eBay use a payment method that gives you a recourse for refund (no check or money order, and definitely not Western Union). If you are buying off a treasure forum classified then look for the seller's history and feedback.

- Carl

Great post Carl, thanks and you and your family have a safe and happy Christmas.

Here is the Chinese GMT. It says Whites on the side and Made in America on the the back. Notice the Manufacture is in main land China. My God! Use the enlarged photo.

[attachment 218550 2011-12-23_222548.jpg]
[attachment 218552 2011-12-23_223451.jpg]

The T2 is also listed there.

It's funny because they are sensitive thieves too. When I was in China they got mad at me for taking photos of their fake products.

It makes it hard to take photos because almost everything (of western origin) in China is counterfeit.

What a huge difference in cultures. Here in the US, possession of counterfeit goods is a serious offense.

Here is the GMT from the White's site:

gmt.jpg

That's funny, they even steal White's photos.

Are these detectors fakes? It says in the product description they are from the USA. A picture is one thing but the product you receive may be another. Although, I do NOT trust China one bit!!!!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/490206744/2011_the_new_gold_detector_of.html

I don't know if Ali Baba is the distributor for the clones or not, but whoever is distributing them, I'm sure they would have no problem stating they were made here. Not only did they copy the hardware, but they copied our name, logo, put the "Made in the USA" with the flag on them. Anybody who will do that will have no issue with deceiving even more. I will not say how slimey I think such practices are.

[size=large]Where do you see on the site they are made in the USA or come from the USA?[/size] Maybe we should check with their contact person. [attachment 218738 2011-12-26_142453.jpg] Ms. Danlly Tang
Are you kidding me? Anne we need a new photo of you. :rofl:

About Us:
Dongguan Cheebo Electronic Co., Ltd. was founded in 1999. ( this changes with ads) We are the professionals providing switching power supply service and beauty equipment supply service. We are specializing in the research, development, design, manufacture, sale and service of beauty equipment supply and switching power supply.

This is a real professional outfit.

ak_1234 said:
I don't know if Ali Baba is the distributor for the clones or not, but whoever is distributing them, I'm sure they would have no problem stating they were made here. Not only did they copy the hardware, but they copied our name, logo, put the "Made in the USA" with the flag on them. Anybody who will do that will have no issue with deceiving even more. I will not say how slimey I think such practices are.

The Alibaba website is not a distributor, all they are is an information sharing site. Allows buyers to find suppliers. The supplier/distributor pays a fee to get their company listed. Alibaba will remove suppliers if they are involved in fraud.. supposedly.

Rob (IL) said:
[size=large]Where do you see on the site they are made in the USA or come from the USA?[/size]

Click on the link I posted, then scroll down to "Product details". It says "place of origin: United States". It sure looks legit... I can see how people would be fooled.

Same site,and same picture. Different origin and check the price. It still says Brand name whites and model GMT. $300 not bad for a GMT.
[attachment 218773 2011-12-26_202318.jpg]
[attachment 218774 2011-12-26_202247.jpg]
[attachment 218775 2011-12-26_202405.jpg]

Anne and Carl wouldn't have posted if they were real.

This is the site that we joined and attempted to order a detector but nothing was ever shipped. We used paypal, which at the time had just been added as a payment option. I think the other payment options were check or money order. Fortunately, for us after a paypal investigation we got our money back.

The Alibaba website lists dirt cheap products but they are only there to steal money from people.

[size=x-large]I think that says it all.[/size]
[attachment 218799 Untitled-1.jpg]

That is the report that I have heard from others, not a question of being fake or not, they just don't ship anything after paying.

"Made In USA" right on back of the detector which is a White's copycat. I wonder if you get a fake Chinese IPhone with every purchase?