Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

falling on its side

Picketwire

Here is a cheap fix to keep your Deus from falling over when set on the ground. I took a piece of ½ inch drip irrigation tube about 8 inches long and electrical taped it to the bottom two protrusions on the arm rest. It is cheap, light, looks bad but works very well. If it embarrasses you for others to see it, take it off before they do and put it back on when they are gone.

Great idea.
My solution
Sorry the pics flipped, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 80
You could spray paint them black & nobody would know the difference--they would look "factory". :)----Doesn't the end of the stand bump your leg when you are swinging though?

I sprayed it black. and it does bump my leg once in a while, but I got used to it and don't even notice it anymore.

I just find thin strips of black plastic which I heat with a torch indirectly and bend into a curve shape. I then drill a small hole in each arm cuff stand wing and attach with a screw. ( self tapping ) weighs nothing and can rotate inward out of the way when not wanted. Sold detector so can’t show pics.

I generally leave my coils loose enough to pivot pretty easily so the coil itself keeps a machine from falling over cuz it pivots flat when you set It down. I hope the D2 doesn’t fall over, that’s a lot of money for a sh*tty stand. My CTX doesn’t fall over. Right? Huh? What?😃

I kind of like my coil to be stiff and not loose enough to flatten out, so to keep the detector from rolling the 4” long (3” beyond cuff stand ) plastic tabs are my solution. I have a large black plastic tweezer that I cut the bottom 4” off which are ideal. The ends flare out like little feet. Any longer than 3” beyond original cuff stand will hit your hip when swinging and They turn in after use so it fits nicely in the backpack. Added weight is about 8 grams- negligible. When I get my D2 ( hopefully about 3 weeks) I’ll post pictures.

The stand part is used on the ADX and g-gold max wired detectors to hold the control box under the arm cuff. They didn’t retool new dies for a specific machine when it comes to their shaft,rods. It’s smart and creates a cross platform imo.

I’m sure one who is armed with a file and a 3D printer could make something.