Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

false question?

I think what you are asking is "Will the V3i go deeper than the V3, once the software is updated"?

I think the answer may be yes and no. I do not think the V3i will go deeper, however I DO think that it is a bit more stable and can be run at higher settings than the V3, which may gain a bit more depth.

??? :stars:

Did Neil answer your question? If not you have to be clearer.

Yes, the V3i is more clear and is easier to adjust to clear signals. (No more depth...just easier to have good signals).

There should be no difference between a V3 that has had the upgrade to the (i) and a new V3i right out of the factory. They have exactly the same software and hardware.

Prester, I mite be all washed out But this my thery??? I hade a V3 thin got a V3i, I think it lost the VDI #s Locking capabilities???
As fare as DEEPTH i don`t know??? I think the more Bells N Whistels the Microproseser hase to think about the Less the Detector can do what its Post to do??? I have a Whites VX3 on the way, With the gool oll 950 concentric Coil, See the more thy try to make a Detector Super Duper the more it can`t do what its Post to do??? Thats my 2 Cents, Mickfin, Good Luck,

In the older days of slower microprocessors that was true but the V's are lightning fast and can process many thousands of instructions per second. I don't think that is a concern anymore Mick. If you want more stability, there are many things you can do to the V3i and the way the VX3 is set up, I think it will be a lot more stable right out of the box and right up your alley.

I think that depth has alot to do with what is going on in your ground...bad ground will always take a detector and make it or break it..the V3i seems to be able to be programed to get as much depth out of a machine as you can..You may have to use mixed mode more and maybe change your filter and you may have to set some of your tones to 0 and maybe use less tones and even take your icons off the screen you may be able to get a bit more depth this way...But the only way really is to have a test garden that has been around for a least a year and learn your machine on some deep targets. This was you can find what works for your area...Don't go beyond what the machine can do but take the average depth on a dime say 8-9 inches and see what the whites does and then have another dime at say 10 and at 11 and at 12 inches and see if you can program it to see the target and then you have to listen to what the detector is telling you the tone may be more dirty but look at your VDI and then start to program and see how much you can push the V3i...

Thanks Larry i think i will Like the VX3 Mick