Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Falsing issue

Heras

Did anyone solve the falsing issue without sending the detector to garrett? If yes, could you explain me how?

THX

I send my machine back after falsing problems and it came back fixed !!......Garrett has GREAT customer service !!......Cal lthem !!......Jim

the problem is that im in spain and i will have to wait a lot to use it again! and really im using it everyday, since i dont work lol.. would be hard to wait 2 weeks!

I minimized the falsing by putting tape around the lower shaft then made sure the tape went into the upper shaft. Since this seemed to work, I bought a shaft lock to hold the two shafts tightly together.

I can't do any detecting due to the several feet of snow and sub-zero temperatures...so I took my new AT Pro to my shop to do some air tests a couple of weeks ago. I was really impressed with the machine and can't wait to actually use it. After reading all the info on the falsing issues, I did notice a lot of incessant chatter in the pro mode. I had the machine away from any metal, but the "falsing" and chatter sort of bothered me. So today I went back to the shop to do some more tests. After getting the same results...I decided to turn off the many fluorescent lights that were hanging 6 to 8 feet above where I was testing. The falsing and chatter stopped instantly. After I realized this was the problem I felt sorta stupid:wacko:

This detector is amazing...

yes, there are a lot of things that can cause it to false since it is really sensitive. but when you are out in the beach or in the forest, and it still falses with nothing electrical nerby, thats the issue. Mine will always false if it hits the ground or leaves or sand or a wave on the water. Gonna send it back for sure. Its an amazing detector, yes, but can be better with out that issue. I realized how much this is slowing me when i detect.

So what does this mean to people that are thinking of buying an AT Pro? Hope I get a good one? Garrett needs to step up!

Ok im sending it today to germany! hopefully im detecting at full power next week!

emmm sandman, didnt you hear what Jim said? he did depth tests before and after repair... and depth is the same.. so garret didnt dump it down.. they just fixed the issue... the at pro remains as powerfull and sensitive as was before...

detectorsteve, that would definetly increase the falsing issue. That, and any kind of electrical device like that. But it is not the original cause of the falsing issue. Because the problem its inside the at pro circuit and/or coil.