Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Falsing issue

If it is in the coil it includes the 6.5x9 for it gives the same results,mine's is on it's way back to garrett

I also had the problem of falsing when you bumped the detector are when you twisted the shaft. I took mine to Garrett this morning they worked their magic. I took it to a ball field to test it. It works great. All the falsing issues are gone the sensitivity is still there. Thank you Sue at Garrett for wonderful new machine.

and they did that in one morning? lol so its something easy that can be done in a moment, good news..

I would say that your post borders on slander. From what people who have been getting their detectors fixed or geting new ones... they perform quieter and better. It seems to me, from talking to people with experience both with the problem and the "fix" that the detector is in NO way dumbed down... exactly where did you get the info about what you claim Garretts is doing? We all know about EMI... the AT problem was not an EMI problem.

J

A cell phone can cause chatter but is not normally a probem. It will be a problem if you are too far away from a cell tower because the phone will keep trying to connect to a tower. If you're in town or somewhere in decent range of a tower it will give a few seconds of chatter maybe every 15 minutes or so... way out in the "sticks"... yeah, it can be a real problem.

Julien

I bet you'll be happy when you get it back.

J

I sent mine back Tues. and they are paying shipping both ways.Friendly people,no hassle.
I don't think they "dumb it down"either.That would just be stupid.It's not like people wouldn't figure that one out.:thumbup:

I sent mine in yesterday and I did lots of testing on gold before so I can test it when it gets back.

Sandman256,
What detector are you using these days and do you like th way it performs ? ......Do you own an AT Pro ? .......Do you work for Garrett ? ..........Do you know any of the engineers that do work for Garrett ? .......Thanks, Jim

i just sent mine in today, i had to pay for shipping. they told me they had too many people sending in their machines to send me a shipping label. :thumbdown: CladKing