Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

farm site finds. LC, IH, and silver thimble..

jughed440

Hunted a virgin 1800s farm site that is now a plowed field (using the basic coin setting and a few minor tweaks). Found more tin scrap than anything, but i did mange to score a sterling thimble (nicked by a plow, i assume), Also shown in the pics are the holed large cent (too rough to read the date), a 1864 IH, a British tool maker's emblem, some play money dated '49, a slug used for target practice, and a belt buckle sized plaque with a western scene. Found a few pieces of brass too.

I love silver thimbles, it's art and it's silver. It's like two finds in one!!!

Interesting finds. congrats.

Great hunt!!!
Bunker

thanks, everyone!!

park pirate, i really like that Liberty Bell thimble that you found. sweet find... great shape!!
this is my 2nd sterling thimble, the first was found over 3 years ago. it dates 1890's

banditicey said:
WOW

Really Interesting Finds

Real Keepers

You Have Found TWO SILVER THIMBLES :surprised: HOW WONDERFUL :clapping:

Thanks!!! Since I strictly hunt old home sites, the thimbles should be more common.

Sweet finds