Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fast Cars, Young Woman, and Old Whiskey :nono:

396nova

Main hobby is fast cars. Young woman elude me, and old whiskey affects my thinking (about young woman). I have a 67 Chevy Nova, with a 396 BB Chevy, and a 99 Corvette. Both are fun to drive on warm summer days.

Each could empty your wallet, A combination of any two items mentioned, is guaranteed to empty your wallet!
The good thing, Any BB CHEV will always be worth $$$$. I was a GTO man myself. Smartened up after forty years or more of GTO, 442, Monte's etc. Also owned two 86 Grand Prix 2+2 Coupes... All gone... Do not miss them. Quite satisfied with two Suburbans and a 02 Monte SS. Low maintenance...
Any 67 muscle car is the best! Dual Master Cylinder, maybe Disc Brakes, Style.... That Nova must fly, no weight, best year...:thumbup: American Muscle, THE BEST!

Nice!!! A guy who used to live by me had a '66 Chevy II Nova SS. 396, lowered roof, midnight metallic purple with limo tint windows. I remember waiting for the bus, and hearing it coming before I saw it. It was still kind of dark outside, and once it came into sight, it used to scare me! From the front, and partial side view, made it look like something out of a horror movie!! I had a genuine fear of that car, but once I got older, I fell in love with it. I grew up, became a paramedic, and responded to an accident on a rainy night...arriving on scene I noticed a mangled, twisted '66 Nova...he destroyed that beautiful car. He was in bad shape too, but is fine now...the car...crushed, much like my heart lol.

Built 64 Nova Pro street car,383 stroker. Friend next door to me built motors for drag boats and built mine. He said lets put in about 1500 Hp .Hell no tooooo much power. I was happy with the 400 or so Hp I ended up with. I dont race so I was happy it just looked good going down the road, and going to the car shows. Sad to say when we moved here to Panama Central America I sold the car. fstop250...........

Whiskey from Scotland Single Malts.... :chase:

I just found this part of the forum, I'm a hotrodder too! 1953 Ford F100 with a '77 Monte Carlo subframe, small block Chevy, 10 bolt rear, hydraulic tilt front end, PS/PB/Pwr antenna, 6 way Pwr seats, all steel.... Owned it since 2000, placed top 10 in the 2000 F100 Super Nationals at Pigeon Forge TN.

Beyond that, a friend and I recently built a 1966 Pontiac GTO convertible from the ground up. 462 stroker making 620hp/550 ft pounds of torque, Tremec 5 speed, Pro Touring suspension. Then we build a 1954 Chevy pickup.... stock driver.

I'm with ya' on the fast cars and old whisky..... I have a hot blonde that would disagree with the other part.

I am new to this forum. As a matter of fact, I am new to the whole detecting hobby. Just sold my airplane and bought a Garrett Ace 350. I am also into the whole gearhead/car thing. Have a T-bucket that has ran a 10.50 at the old Keystone dragstrip near Pittsburgh. Drive it on the street some now. Have an old radical custom Corvette that I haven't driven since 1976. I live in WV just about 40 miles West of downtown Pittsburgh. Also am into Geocaching. I think I am really going to enjoy my new hobby. All I have to do is figure out how to turn it on.

I'm an old Keystone Raceway racer too back in the very late 1970's, I had a 1972 Buick Skylark with GS parts, you're a lot quicker than me though, I was only heavy ET and mid 13's. 40 miles west, Wheeling area? I'm 15 miles north of Washington near South Park.

Had a 68 Fastback Mustang 302, 70 Super Cobra Jet Mustang 428(never got it finished), and a 1973 Firebird 350. Left the cars, and got a fishing boat, chased stripers and bluefish for 13 years. Am now married, with a son, boat is gone, and I'm back to metal detecting. Compared to the muscle cars, and fishing boats, metal detecting is like free, with a payback! and yeah, the young hotties always managed to elude me, never developed a taste for hard liquor (other than at Chinese reastaurants), but beer has helped me to do a fair amount of stupid things LOL. Artie

A past hobby was buying and restoring classic cars. Got too old now to be crawling under cars so I bought one I liked and just drive it.

Here is a few of the cars I had in the last 7 years.

my-cars-bgrnd.jpg

The one I keep in my garage now.

06-mustang-frntspoiler-8.jpg

My gearhead claim to fame back in the day was buying an old '64 Plymouth sedan from a bone yard for peanuts. Yeah, body was in good condition, had a Mopar 4-speed tranny but the 383 engine was blown big time. No problem, souped up a Chrysler Imperial 413 engine complete with hi-rise 360 deg. manifold, big Holley carb, Isky cam, heads shaved and ported/polished, cylinders bored out 30 thou, trick hi-cap oil pan with swinging pickup , headers, aluminum flywheel/pressure plate and rebuilt the tranny.
And into that Plymouth that 413 went.
Those 427 Chevys or Mustangs, no problem :heh:.... but them big bore vettes did give some trouble.

Now adays it all about the gas mileage! :sad:

Ironsight, got any pics of that sedan??? I've had all kinds of MoPars, including a '65 Coronet hardtop that i had planned on converting to an AWB Hemi car.
My current ride is a '68 Dart that i bought back in '87 when it was a stock GT with a 273. The motors have come and gone...current one is a 540, Mega Block, Callies crank, hogged out Indy 440-1 heads, Dominator, and other goodies. Getting some new AMD quarters and darker paint.

No pics. Can't remember even owning a camera back then.
It would not win any beauty contests, it was.. well.... a sleeper!:surprised:

Wished i kept it along with my old Dodge Daytona Shelby TurboZ.
Haven't seen one of them Daytona's on the road ever since i sold it years ago. :sad: