Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Faster

ArnieTX

Anyone know how to make the V3i as fast as Deus when it comes to recovery and target response in the iron. I've tried and just cannot tweak it to make it happen. I love my V3i, but I may have to sit it down when relic hunting. Any ideas?

"I've tried and just cannot tweak it to make it happen."

What have you tried? No use going over what you have already tried. :poke:

Larry had a Deus, maybe he will jump in.

Primarily the recovery delay setting, filters, sensitivity.

I was doing testing similar to what "detectorcomparisons" did on YouTube. Nail coin nail coin., etc.

couldn't get the whites to recover fast enough to see the coin next to the nails.

The V3i is an awesome all around tool that does a lot of things good and I love it. When relic hunting I'm finding the XP Deus is great in heavy iron. I miss the VDI info the V3i provides though.

thanks,

I don't see what wold help except R/D. I've never used a Deus. I'm not sure what U tube video you looked at.

You can not make the V3i as fast as a Deus nor would I want to. I run my V3i recovery between 80 and 100 for good reason. Many users in the European market like to run the recovery between 25 and 40 to deal with the thousands of years of iron but I don't like the loss of audio info running that fast.

Doesn't setting the audio tones from negative 95 to 0 at zero have the effect that ArnieTX is looking for? I.E. there would be no audio response on the nail but a good audio response on a Seated Dime. I know that using that setup I've dug plenty of coins in the same hole with rusty nails etc. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

It doesn't make it able to recover after aquiring a target.

ArnieTX has posed a very interesting question - one that has challenged me and probably many other V users. To solve the "Nail in close proximity to a coin" problem, how about using a DD coil which as I understand has a blade-like detecting field. Then set the tones from --95 to 0 at zero so the iron should give no audio response. Use Correlate which further has a bias against iron and perhaps even adjust the BCR setting. That coupled with a fast recover delay and a moderate physical sweep speed SHOULD give at least an audio chirp even if the coin is surrounded by nails (well, maybe not surrounded hahah). In prime hunting areas that chirp is enough to get me to slow down and investigate. Well, that's just my way of trying to solve the problem. I guess that weather it does or not is in the results. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Please keep in mind that recovery speed isn't everything. Technology has made it possible for recovery speeds that are faster than the human ear can distinguish. Many times faster. As this next generation of super processor detectors evolve, I think we will (or at least we should) see more focus on tones, vdis, and their ability to alert us to good, non ferrous targets as opposed to telling us every single thing that is in the ground, which (believe me) leads to audio fatigue in short order. Like others have said, you can not get the recovery of a Deus, or even a F75 out of the V3i, but I still think the V is more versatile. The Spectra series are no slouch in iron. If you want better response/recovery in the iron, throw a smaller coil on it, and slow your sweep. You will be pleasantly surprised what it can do....

I want to adjust my V3i to be able to do in iron what the Deus does. Here's a good example of what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWenrozQ58o&list=UU7Pvj7C1i7Awm151UqFQsGA

I'm going to take my V3i out with the Deus tomorrow and see if I can find a non ferrous target with the Deus that the V3i can't find with the 5.3" coil.\

I'll report back. Please provide suggestions like above if you have any.

Thanks folks!

12x10 sef 2.5 rd 25 sat 15 c+j mode tone I'd on Vco pp with the vx3. Works like the t2. Quarter on surface with iron no problem. Quarter 2ins below no problem quarter 4ins below. Slightly slower sweep you here the quarter but I'd smears but audio is there. Give it a try. I did it at a local lakeside beach. Ground/ sand was clean below the area! Hard to find hardback soil here that's clean. Hope this helps the vx3 can do it. Ps disc 45 am 45 rx 8. Didn't try raising the settings due to rain moving in. HH. Ct. + Dean. Dean did the test. With me i couldn't get the etrac to do it. Didn't have a lot of time will go back and try it when weather is better

I would think a small coil and a slow sweep would help. You would have to accept the iron or a range in the iron you want the machine to tell you about. But using a small coil and slow sweep I would think would do it. I'm still pretty new to using the V3i, but think there isnt much it can do.
h2oyo