Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrous numbers ???

MEV

Hello everyone , i'm not into ferrous numbers i only look at Co numbers , but , from what number on ferrous can you Say it's probably iron , from 15 and up?

Thanks !!

MEV....if you run Ferrous Coin separation,you will notice that the great majority of targets may give you a number of “12” for the Ferrous number. Here’s the kink...if you run in High Trash separation the Ferrous numbers act a lot like the ETrac/Explorer in the regard that they CAN be ALOT higher and the target still be a deeper coin. If a silver dime at 8” in mineralized/iron rich soil rings up as a 12-45 in Ferrous Coin,you could see that exact same target ring up as a 20-46 quite easily. The dual axis discrimination doesn’t come into play ANYWHERE as much in Ferrous Coin,but separation of a Ferrous target such as a nail next to a non-Ferrous target such as a coin is supposed to be clearer.
If you run in anything BUT Ferrous Coin separation,you have to pay attention to the Ferrous numbers much more,and they can get as high as the mid-20’s. I found a Merc in Milwaukee in a pile of trash that was a consistent 31-46 both ways. That is an anomaly,I wouldn’t normally investigate that,UNLESS....it does the same thing sweeping at 90 degrees.
If the target ID varies by more than 8-10 points on the cross sweep,I personally walk away when NOT using Ferrous Coin. Others do it differently,and they will chime in.
TRUST the machine and learn what each thing does,even if it takes a couple years to do so. It is beyond unbelievable.