Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ferrous

You must be in So Cal, huh?

How about a little more information here..... guess I'm just kinda slow or something.

Oops, I didn't see that you wrote So Calif. Sorry about that. Where in So Cal are you? I'm in the Long Beach area. It depends on where you are hunting. When I tried Torrance/Redondo Beach, my CTX was kind of lame because of all the iron on the beach. Ferrous does work though.

I am in So Calif. When I create a program in ferrous coin like 4 tone it seems to false alot no matter what auto or manual sens. Or it will have good numbers but be a bolt or a screw. Im sure I dont know what I am doing but that is the setting I am having trouble with. Ferrous coin 4 tone. Can anybody help me with this?

What kind of recommended sensitivity levels are you getting. If they low you have high mineralization like me (Machine runs 10-22 sens in Auto +3). I've been using manual ground balance and the Auto sens up to +3 but have to back off to +2 or lower depending on the site (ground min. and iron).

I like hunting with combine-tones and either ground coin or Fe coin but switch to a two tone ferrous Hightrash program to check signals (user button). It's interesting that some high tone falsing in GC or FeC (with good #'s) will show low iron numbers in the TTF program and that is iron wrap around from my experience. I didn't figure all this out by myself I had help from some other threads on this forum. I think the high trash Mode is also recommended for high ground mineralization.

Confused: thanks for the tip on the Torrance/Redondo Beach area. I was thinking of hitting some Cali beaches with the CTX. how did you end up working the machine? Seems to me there is a vid out there by someone on the east coast showing the CTX in a high iron environment and I think he used a TTF set up. I have to track that down

Brocifus,

I carry my CTX in the back seat of my truck all the time and I work in Loma Linda, which is on a few minutes away from you. I noticed out there that the ground is really high mineralized. It brought my readings down to 3 and 8 sensitivity. I'm not sure what to do with that.

Atlas,

I don't have that problem at other beaches in the area. I hunt in Long Beach, Bolsa Chica and Huntington Beach all the time without any problems. For some reason it's just that one area that is like that. Just like Loma Linda my sensitivity level goes down to 1, 2 and 4. Again, I have no idea what to do about it.