Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few Cold Weather Finds: Gold/Silver/Masonic Fob

floodplaindetector

Finds are from a few cold weather hunts over the past 2 weeks. All finds were pulled at researched public sites from the North and South Dakota with my XP Deus 2 metal detector.
The ground got very hard by the end of last weekend so it's pretty much a wrap up here unless we have a major warm up or I hunt further south.

The silver and 12K sided gold ring was pulled at a city park/campground on Saturday and completely maxed out my depth gauge so I am thinking it has some good age to it.
The stone actually popped out when I was cleaning it and I accidently super glued it in backwards. Oops. That is why it looks different between the original front picture and the others. I will probably take it to a jeweler and have it fixed.
I am not sure if it is a diamond yet. It has it has so much super glue on it, I am not sure if I can get an accurate test.

Both the old buckle and monogrammed money clip were pulled at city parks that had a history of old housing before they were parks. The old buckle was lying flat and was about 8 inches deep. I was surprised it was not bent.
The Masonic Fob was pulled on a cold and windy day Sunday while snowflakes were slapping me in the face. At first, I thought it was a newer dog tag but when I saw the word 'Telegraph' I knew it was something else and old.
That Masonic Protective Association fob was produced between 1895-1922.
Thanks for looking everyone!
Dave

Coin Finds
1941,1944 mercury dimes
4 buffalo nickels (1918 oldest)
28 wheat pennies (1916 oldest)
3 older Jefferson nickels back to 1939.

Other Finds
Silver and 12K gold sided ring
Old gold plated "Wings" buckle
Masonic Protective Association Fob (circa 1895-1922)
Monogrammed Money Clip (Heavy gold plated. E.G.R. initials)
U.S. school of music pin
Old spoon
Older Cover with Face
1930s brass gaming token
Few misc. buttons, buckles
Big Lead band with a few letters on it (top of group finds pic)
2 kid's rings
GoldRingFront.jpg
GoldSideRing.jpg
SterlingSideRing.jpg
RingGoldStamp.jpg
MercsAndBuffalos.jpg
OldBuckle.jpg
MonagrammedMoneyClip.jpg
MasonicFobFront.jpg
MasonicFobBack.jpg
GroupShot.jpg

Nice finds Dave again. Its great to see you still getting out as it has been cold around here, but you are a serious hunter and you find a way to get out. I was that way once upon a time and did lot of detecting in the rain and if the ground was frozen I would chip away if it wasnt too deep, nicked nice gold ring doing it, but it was gold. Never got back to this spot as it was on the sled hill at the South dam in Fargo (downtown) and if you get a chance give it a try as I wont be doing it anymore I dont think. I did this about 2000 when I was doing a field test on a Fisher. My dad got me into this great hobby back in 1973 and he got many rings from this site withmany gold ones.
Good luck and love seeing your finds.

Rick

Amazing finds Dave! The fob is a very sweet find!

Real nice finds Dave getting cold in your neck of the woods? here I switch to beach detecting when the ground gets frozen.

Mark

thanks Rick. Appreciate it!
I believe I know the site you are referring to. I haven't been there in at least 15 years but remember getting a 1900 Indian and a military eagle watch fob.
Will have to give it a go sometime again.
That Deus 2 is excellent in junk and iron so no site is off limits for that machine.
Dave
Nice finds Dave again. Its great to see you still getting out as it has been cold around here, but you are a serious hunter and you find a way to get out. I was that way once upon a time and did lot of detecting in the rain and if the ground was frozen I would chip away if it wasnt too deep, nicked nice gold ring doing it, but it was gold. Never got back to this spot as it was on the sled hill at the South dam in Fargo (downtown) and if you get a chance give it a try as I wont be doing it anymore I dont think. I did this about 2000 when I was doing a field test on a Fisher. My dad got me into this great hobby back in 1973 and he got many rings from this site withmany gold ones.
Good luck and love seeing your finds.

Rick

thanks Ted. Yep, good luck on getting your deer. There are alot of Mule Deer on the western side of the state where Parents farm is. More white tail out here to the east.
Great finds Dave! It's supposed to be in the 40s here next week but it is deer hunting season...So I am done for the year!