Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few finds from "MY" hunted out spot,,,,,

grouser

These are from a USFS housing complex torn down recently, but built in the fifties. I have been over this ground with my Etrac, Tesoro Silver uMax and a Fisher CZ3D. I have found four or five Tootsie toy's,a nice cap gun, a few wheat's, and lots of clad here but NEVER any silver. I was always always disappointed in not finding some silver. Well my first hunt over the same ground yielded two silver dimes, two wheat's (not shown) a double edged razor that still works !!!! and the collar badge. I was BLOWN AWAY !!! One dime had a 1 inch large thick washer above it, the other was in the area covered by roofing nails from prior repairs. The badge was near a fire-ring with lots of trash that I'm sure masked it before. I am very happy with my 3030,, I run with long tones and they just blast my ears when on a good target, they really stand out over the blips and burps of trash and ground noise. Deep off, fast off for the most part, I see little difference in the long tone when you have fast on so I use it in heavy trash sometimes,,, but honestly try to keep it off (fast off) most of the time. This machine rocks,,,,,, thanks for looking,,,,

Nice finds grouser, congrats on finding the silver. Are you going to use the razor, get you some double edge razor blades and some barbasol and go to town. Nice pictures.

Randy

What mode were you running? And how much disc on the ferrous side of the house? I'm seeing/hearing what you're seeing. The CTX is a knife in trash especially when considering the 11 inch coil. I'm seeing/hearing coins in places I've hit many times with etrac and V3i using various settings. I could be wrong but I believe the CTX is seeing coins on edge better than etrac or the machine is so much quieter and audio cleaner alerting me to the coin. I say this because I'm finding silver in clean ground but not that deep < 7" I know the etrac has been over. I don't have the patience to dig slow to see the actual coin's orientation in the ground. I figure given more time with all the new CTX users we will be able to pin down the better performance once all the small nuances are discovered. Cheers

Congrats on the finds those are some pretty good finds for a hunted out spot HH

:minelab: CTX 3030
:minelab: Etrac
:whites: Whites m6
Pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

Combine,ferrous/coin, in my own coins pattern (modified to give a high tone on nickels), FE line set to 24,,, thanks for the kind word gents !!!

Nice finds! Congrats. I have a spot with the same roofing nail issue. Have been hoping the CTX would cut through and yield some coins, but nothing yet. Going to try some of you settings. Keep it up.

In Liberty,

Jim

kochevar said:
Nice finds! Congrats. I have a spot with the same roofing nail issue. Have been hoping the CTX would cut through and yield some coins, but nothing yet. Going to try some of you settings. Keep it up.

In Liberty,

Jim
and I have checked several targets with an open sceen and with disc on,,,,,, the 3030 seems to sound off RIGHT THRU THE NULL,,,

grouser said:
and I have checked several targets with an open sceen and with disc on,,,,,, the 3030 seems to sound off RIGHT THRU THE NULL,,,

Absolutely! I've adapted some of my previous FBS techniques to use more discrimination with the CTX 3030. The ability to see simultaneous targets, added to the functionality of the new Separation modes and faster "reset" time, I find myself "hearing less" and digging more, with the CTX 3030.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1705599,1706001#msg-1706001
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1732556,1732558#msg-1732558

HH Randy