Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field of Dreams...:surprised:

mudpuppy

Had to go out of town on business this week...left here Thurs morn at 6am...took the F70, a nail pouch, and a screwdriver along...got in 3hrs hunting at exits along the way there Thursday...Got my 'Dream Coin'..the BF Half!

Worked Thurs afternoon and all day Friday...left early Sat am and hunted 7hrs all the way home hopping exits at parks and such...lots more to this story, but I am too tired to tell it right now...gotta get up early and hit the water tomorrow with the Pro for gold...Total haul for 10hrs was 451 coins for $85.77...316 coins for $57.85 today alone in 7hrs..definitely my record day..:thumbup:.
Mud.

Mud , i think you just set some sort of clad record.... looks like you were in cherry picking mode.... congrats on the ben franklin half.it looks real nice.i have yet to find one myself...

We hereby crown you, The Clad King! All hail to Mudd lol!!!!
Seriously, that truly is a great haul of clad and you deserve a title for all your perseverance!!:thumbup: I think you probably need another screwdriver after wearing that one out!!!

Yep you beat my best day, when I found like 23 quarters all in the same hole. I too haven't found a franklin yet. All the diggers around here have vacuumed up most of the silver before I started treasure hunting. But I do find a lot they missed. Nobody finds it all, as they say! Great Job, I bet your sore?

Thanks for the kind comments guys...:please:

It was just one of those PERFECT days, overcast and cool, to go all day without getting overheated...and the locations were all loaded...I have to believe theres not a coil swinger working this area in the recent years...That Ben Franklin Half was something I really wanted to find..its interesting that I did not get any dollar coins or any other halfs?...I was definitely cherry picking Q's...the dirt dimes were by catch recoveries in a Q stack or tight spill...except for the ones in the gravel totlot...I got all of those..

I stab clad with a screwdriver, I sort of stoop down and stab the target, ream a hole, jam my finger down in it, pinch the coin between the driver and my finger and pull it out...super fast retrieval, and very comfortable, not sore anywhere specifically, just an over all feeling of a workout..I found another Q and a D out in the car this am I missed from the group shot and count...I'm happy with the 'Coin per Hr' number for that extended of a hunt..The F70 has that 'Delta Pitch' tone that audibly tells you what the target is, a guy can tell a Q from a D by the ping, so a guy can really speed hunt through target heavy zones...
Mud

SCORE! Congrats on the Franklin, a nice coin. I'd say you did very well, lots of coins.

Mud we think you should wear one of those OBOLA lapel cameras that will record your every move----for educational purposes of course.

You sure are an efficient clad stabber by any measure. They way you pile it up it will finance your needs when you want more detecting hardware. BIG Congrats :super: on the BFH:clap:! They were a short run and have been more elusive.
HH - Bruce

Mud ya make me want to take a road trip lol. South of course

WTG on a great dig fest

Smoked that clad mud, great job! Nice looking half too!

When I was new to this sport 5yrs ago, I ran into an long time detectorist who gave me this advice: "dig 1000 pennys and dig 1000 pulltabs as fast as you can with nothing but a screwdriver"

And thats it...fast and shallow, run and gun, stoop and stab...you will wear out a screwdriver from plunging it into the dirt so much,[attachment 304669 pouchdriver.jpg] ...it sharpens itself, you will break one off too, reaming furiously through tough sod, so carry a spare..:thumbup:.

My second year into this, 2012 I had a 10,000 clad coin year...so yes, using the screwdriver and quick method a guy can rack up clad in a hurry...you do find silver coins/jewelry along the way, bills and eye finds.
Clad teaches a lot of useful skills about reading an area for its travel patterns and drop zones that a fellow can use for other searches on beaches or old dirt of long lost stuff...These big clad days happen either early or late in the year when the ground is damp, grass is flat, its sort of cold out and nobody is around...take advantage of what the site is saying, and focus up, ..

After all these passing years, I think about the guy who has the local Coinstar route? He surely must wonder how come all this dirty money and when is it gonna end? :rofl:
Mud

Congrats mud on the Ben Franklin Half!!!:thumbup: I never found one of those. You stabbed an amazing amount of clad Mud as some don't even find that much in a year! I would of definitely would of needed two Bud Light beers :cheers: after that hunting expedition lol. I would love to see an instructional video of your screw-driving-stab-n-clad-coin-retrieval skills.

Nice going mud !

To be the Clad King, you got to dig $1000.00 + per year, I did this myself for 3 years running, but now all the local honey spots are dry.

Time for me to look outside my 100 mile area for next year.

That is awesome Mudd, I have found a 52 Ben Franklin as well they are purdy coins! You definitely know what you are doing being able to collect that much clad. HH

BH is right! After a few years, all the easy BIG clad is wiped clean in all the parks and locations near the house and a guy has to venture farther a field, or, hunt those same locations for jewelry..:shrug:.

BH Landstar and I started in on this sport about the same time, and I was constantly trying to out hunt him! I chased this guy for years never quite matching his finds! It certainly made me the speed hunter I am on account of trying to keep up with him!:lmfao:

BH not only got massive clad, but a whole lot of silver coins and gold jewelry along the way, including a 24k RING! (I remember that post! it sounded just like a Q) and I was thinking about that chance while stabbing all these Q's the other day! So a guy can say if he reads a lot of posts and commits little hints to memory, you will become better at this!

He is a good mentor to have here!....Theres a few other speed cladders now...Wandering Yoda, and Asiandigger come to mind...a guy can learn so much on this Forum in any skill subset there is to master...:thumbup:
Thanks again guys, and Good Luck to you all!:beers:
Mud