Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

filters

chalky147

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how many filters are in use in basic use,and how many more are available from the expert menu.
many thanks from across the pond.chalky.

....That's a very interesting question mate!!

The way I'm setup, I like to remove as much filtering as possible to make things run fast.

I have FAST ON. This switches off filtering and have DEEP OFF now as that has switched off more filtering.

If anyone else has any more filtering knowledge, I'd be eager to hear.

Gaz.

so do i for the same reason,with trash density high which i think might add a filter as it says in the manual that u can sweep slightly faster.
when i find a prodctive area i change to low density and sweep much slower.the reason for asking the question is,because the electronic
experts maintain that more filters require afaster sweep speed to give the best results,hence less filters a slower sweep so knowing the number
that we start from will enable me to make a more considered opinion of what sweep speed gives the best results.hope that all makes sense to every one.

......I think the Trash Density setting only effects the target ID's, it doesn't effect the tones.

Gaz.

I'm not 100% sure about this Gaz. Doesn't Trash Density High "push" the best signal out in form of a tone? In other words if you were in the presence of iron BUT there was a good target there also, its going to sound off on the good one.

I run mine in High all the time. I couldn't understand why I'd ever want that off...unless I specifically looking for iron, which in that case I'd just use the ferrous sounds and dig the deep low tones.

Again, I THINK this is right.

NebTrac

....I'll check the manual Neb!!

You maybe right but I was sure the manual said it did not effect the tone, only the displayed the strongest TID.

Gaz.

You're right Gaz. I think what confuses me is though I've read through the manual and Andy's book, I always assumed it was the tone it allowed through. So, I take it, you "have" to look at the screen to benefit from this feature.

NebTrac

......you got me thinking I was cracking up there Neb!!......:cheers:

:thumbup:

still not got the answer i was looking for.so maybe this question may help to get me to were im heading. does trash density high bring in an extra filter.
thanks barry.

....As this setting doesn't effect audio signals.....I'm not too bothered about it Baz.
It's really the audio separtion I'm after rather than fumbling through jumpy numbers. There must be some processing involved but I'm not too sure where.

Gaz.