Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FINALLY A DAY WITHOUT RAIN !:clapping:

GOLDDIGGER

Well at least it didn't rain on us while we where hunting, I have only got to hunt a few times so far this season because of the Weather or it was my BACK !!!
Some times it was both of the above.
Ted and I headed out to hit the same spot I dug up the 1895-O Barber dime up last year, So hopes where high that maybe his Brother or sister would be missing the other bad enough that it would SING OUT
and let me hear it ! But that didn't happen Go figure ! I did come up with some nice finds all having some type of Iron or another coin in the hole with it, But the Key to finding the GOOD signals was getting the coin
to hit all the way around without breaking up! If the signal would brake up as you moved around it I would pinpoint the signal and if it moved from where it hit at before it was 99% of the time IRON ALONE !
The 1853-O Seated Half Dime rang out like an Indian Head penny But bounced all over the place but did not break up all the way around, The coin was right at 6" inches, As where most of the good finds where at,
These coins should have been found by now ,but they just had not had a Minelab ran over them YET !!!!!
The ground is in good shape so get out and get you some they are ripe for the PICKING!!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J. W.at least we

great going and the Explorer does do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an impressive collection of Finds.

Rich (Utah)

Sweet finds :thumbup: I'm still waiting for my first half dime. Congrats on the trifecta.

Spring has not moved very fast here in ND. We are struggling to get in the 30's and now we are in a winter storm watch for the next two days....ugh!!!
'

Awe struck with those finds.
Fantastic, but one question?
:twodetecting:
What kind of other machines have hunted the same area?

GOLDDIGGER said:
Well at least it didn't rain on us while we where hunting, I have only got to hunt a few times so far this season because of the Weather or it was my BACK !!!
Some times it was both of the above.
Ted and I headed out to hit the same spot I dug up the 1895-O Barber dime up last year, So hopes where high that maybe his Brother or sister would be missing the other bad enough that it would SING OUT
and let me hear it ! But that didn't happen Go figure ! I did come up with some nice finds all having some type of Iron or another coin in the hole with it, But the Key to finding the GOOD signals was getting the coin
to hit all the way around without breaking up! If the signal would brake up as you moved around it I would pinpoint the signal and if it moved from where it hit at before it was 99% of the time IRON ALONE !
The 1853-O Seated Half Dime rang out like an Indian Head penny But bounced all over the place but did not break up all the way around, The coin was right at 6" inches, As where most of the good finds where at,
These coins should have been found by now ,but they just had not had a Minelab ran over them YET !!!!!
The ground is in good shape so get out and get you some they are ripe for the PICKING!!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J. W.at least we

Great day!! You definitely want to go back and see what other goodies are there!!!

Very nice collection of coins there. Congratulations
to you. HH Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

n/t

Nice haul! good lookin finds

Way to go Goldigger..... Thanks for the insight about the signal moving when pinpointing :please:..... that's going to help me a bunch. I'm finally figuring out my XS but every little tip helps.:clapping: Are you still using the 10x12 SEF ?

bill67 -- just wanted to "second" what golddigger said. I have just begun learning my SE Pro, and sorting out the falses from the good stuff is something I knew I'd need to learn on this unit. I did notice when hunting in nails that sometimes I could get a semi-repeatable coin-sounding tone, with pretty good readouts on the smartfind screen/digital screen. However, knowing that there were nails in the vicinity, I suspected some falsing. Then, I noticed that when I'd try to pinpoint these better-sounding tones, there was nothing in that spot. But, a few inches off to the side would be a target. However, THAT target would read CLEARLY as iron. So, that was a little trick I picked up on and have verified a few times since -- try pinpointing those targets, and if they are not there, but "move" off to one side by several inches, it's like a false off the edge of a piece of iron.

Steve