Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally able to do a little detecting!

Dale(Ia)

Got out "field" hunting Friday for about two hours....(been painting the outside of my house the last month & a half)
Went to one of my "Fur Trade" era fields that we have hit hard in the past.....what with "no-till" finds are getting slim!
There was also a newer (early to mid 1900's) farm house on part of this site so do find some of this later stuff.
Was just finding scrap brass & lead until I uncovered the "Fur Trade" era (1760-1810) lead bale seal.........now if I can only find out which Fur Trade Co.(& trader) this came from!
I've been doing some research but haven't found out yet. As you can see, it has FM over a double X (or maybe a W) with what looks like a cross that goes up between the F & M.
The back also has a crude 3 X 5 (the X is a Roman numeral 10) & a line under all of it. These are not stamped in, so must have been in the mold.
I have no idea what the large silver piece is.....it has been smashed flat. Not a salt shaker lid as there are no threads or holes in it.
Also got the early open ended thimble, brass tack, etc.
Only coins were the the later Buffalo & a wheat.

HH! Iowa Dale

That lead seal is kinda interesting. The way I read the letters is F M V and then the cross thing in the middle. I hope your able to find some info on it.

Some cool finds!:clapping:

Painting the house! :yikes: :help:Can't think of a worst project!
Back in the day when i was a young strapping teenager, my father decided to paint the house and volunteered my help. Problem was it was shingles and it was stain not paint. Just when we got finished with the whole house and garage too, they needed a second coat and yet ol dad decided they needed another 3rd coat. :rage:

Most of my free time this Summer was tied up with all my vehicle issues with little time for detecting though i did manage to get out a few times.