Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Back to detecting again!

silver seeker

Hello all, been years since I've been on here and haven't detected much in about 5 years or so. Got started back up in October. We moved a couple of years ago and I kept eyeballing this one room schoolhouse on my way to work. Found out it ran from 1865 to 1953. Being on a busy road and the fact that it's still there, I knew it had to be pounded to death. Talked to the owner about detecting it and he gave me the green light to hunt all I wanted, super nice guy. So a couple days later, grabbed the Etrac and headed over there. Got started and right off the bat got a good hit. It was a scratchy dime/penny type signal, so I turned 90 on it and it was still there, scratchy but repeatable. The depth was showing about 5-6 inches, dug down and out pops a merc. I'm thinking I'm going to be digging silver all day. Nope, 2 hours later all I found was a wheatie. Place is pretty hammered, no clad, no nonferrous trash, just lots of rusty nails. I like to hunt in manual sensitivity but had to switch over to auto +3 because of all the high tone falses.. and EMI. I need to get a smaller coil in there. So after 4 hunts here, this is all I found so far. I'll keep hitting it, just got to take it slow and listen. Great to be back!

Attachments

• 20221201_131236.jpg
    20221201_131236.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
Just the fact you found something others missed is an indication they used either inexpensive makes/models, improper settings, or they hit the area at too fast a speed. Go get the rest!!!!

We’ve always found that we did best when we were told a site was hunted out. One specific site that we detected, a guy showed up and said the he and many others hunted it out. We found a barber dime, a silver 2 cent piece, a buffalo, and at least 8 Indians 😁.

I too just started back after a year off, got my first detector in 1972. Now that winter is here, I’ll be doing some scouting.

I started with a Jetco Coinmaster, can’t get much lower line than that. Coincidentally, I found one of my best finds ever with it, a gold ring with 1 center diamond and 12 smaller diamonds.

I’ve had 2 Jetcos, a White 5000D, 2 Tesoro’s, and 2 Minelab. We currently have 6 Minelabs in the family.

Attachments

• 8F6944EC-72FC-44DD-9D2F-9869A10BB3B3.jpeg
    8F6944EC-72FC-44DD-9D2F-9869A10BB3B3.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 96
I started with a Jetco Coinmaster, can’t get much lower line than that. Coincidentally, I found one of my best finds ever with it, a gold ring with 1 center diamond and 12 smaller diamonds.

I’ve had 2 Jetcos, a White 5000D, 2 Tesoro’s, and 2 Minelab. We currently have 6 Minelabs in the family.
Can't be sure
My first was either a Sears or RadioShack detector.
Have a pic somewhere
Still
Kept my pockets full way back in 74-75.