Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally finshed the Library donation ship model after

mtdoramike

almost two years and close to 3000 hours of work. The HMS Victory is finally ready to set sail to her new home on her maiden voyage. I hope to make delivery within the next two weeks. I also included a piece of the wood that I received from England that came from the real Victory ship that I put in the display case as well as using the wood to make parts on the model like anchor davits, anchor collars and tie down bits.

This was a bucket list item of mine that I have ben wanting to do for quite some time and I figure since time is getting short, I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, I might as well bite the bullit and do it.

mike

Wow,beautiful job...just the sails and rigging alone look like they would take a lifetime to make... what little patience i have i put into detecting. ..lol... as amazing as it looks in the pics im sure its even more impressive seeing in person...congrats on a great job...

Thank you for the kind words pa, now to get it to the library in one piece. It was a lot of fun, but believe me when I say that there were also a lot of trials and tribulations, few tears, some blood (those hobby knives are sharp) and more than a few expletives.

mike

That ship is beautiful Mike :thumbup: I just love model ships!!

Excellent workmanship Mike,

My hats off to you, You truly are skilled and have amazing patience to follow through with your ship building and donating this masterpiece to the library.

You inspired me to start ship building, several years ago that is and my first ship was the HMS Victory. Still building it, a long ways from completion but someday I'll get her done.

However, I did purchase several completed ships, two are of the HMS Victory and four other types, in a sense they tie in with our hobby and are displayed throughout the home.

I'll see if I can upload a couple of pics, these are of the HMS Victory. Do look forward to completing my kit HMS Victory, somehow that will be special because it'll have blood and sweat in that one.

Great job Mike, Thanks so much for sharing!

Paul

vx1apd.jpg

n6fgub.jpg

Thank you for your kind words Paul. I look forward to seeing your finished model. The Victory usually takes any where from 2-10 years to complete. I spent quite a bit of time on the Library donation and completed it in 1 1/2 years and about 2500 hours.

mike

Here is the final product all safe and sound at the Library and me standing beside of the Victory. I dropped it off last week.

mike

Wow Mike! That is so cool! I know it'll be viewed with a great deal of pleasure from those visiting the library, Surely the main attraction.

Good work Mike, and happy new years!
Paul

I was contacted by the Library who invited me to the next city council meeting, where the Mayor and Council honored me with a Proclamation for my donation of the HMS Victory ship model to the Library. I didn't want any hoopla made over this, but it was appreciated.

mike