Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got back out today and got that silver!

Haven't picked up my Nox since early June due to the Illinois summer. Rained the last week off and on and finally the ground is cement. Went to a park I have found a few wheats, roosie and a buffalo at this year and decided to work a spot I haven't hit too hard. Had a signal that was a pull tab but off to the left off it there was a 27 flashing and just a chirp. Dug the pull tab and went back over it and got a 26-27. Thinking it is just a clad dime at first but it sounded way too smooth and deep to just be clad. About 6 inched down it finally comes popping out. As soon as I saw it I saw the edge of it and knew I had a barber or seated. Turned out to be a super nice 1914 D barber with just about full liberty. Have dug almost 30 silver dimes this year and this is my first barber this year and in about 8 years as this year I am just not getting back into it. Needless to say this machine is my best friend.

Attachments

• IMG_6386.PNG
    IMG_6386.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6385.PNG
    IMG_6385.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6383.jpg
    IMG_6383.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 103
WOW! That Barber is in beautiful shape. Nice sharp detail!! Congratulations !

Very nice Barber and a Denver mint too...
Yes was very surprised. First barber with a mint for me as well. Funny the other old coin that came out of this park this year is a 1914 S buffalo nickel. Park was founded in 1900 so that makes sense I guess.