Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got out again - Breast Plate!!

I was out hunting fields again. This one had more modern trash, but the history was there. I had dug an IH a few minutes before, then got this huge signal that was still ringing strong with the coil up a foot. Figured it was another squished can, so I kicked away the corn stalks and the breast plate flipped over eagle up - I could not believe my eyes! Eagle Breast Plate - yea!! The scan does not do it justice. This is a first for me for sure! I also found three Indian head cents, three wheat backs and (had me going) a silver rosy.
HH - BF

Really special when it comes from such an unexpected state. I know a few have been found in Indiana so I guess we all should have hope. Congrats.

Don
HH

That is very sweet!!! You are a lucky man!!!!

Here my theory - Copper coins that were in a yard long enough to develop a nice patina, before the yard was turned into a farm field, the patina protects them from the fertilizer (somewhat). The wheat cents from this field looked worse than the Indians. This supports my theory since the wheats did not have time to develop a patina. The IH's I found in this field looked better than ones from some yard hunting!
Thanks and HH - BF

Very sweet find on the breast plate Robin!...congrats.

Those Injuns' look pretty good too. Sometimes the soil is kind to them and sometimes it isn't.