Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got time to swing the old minelabs...................

WillyP

Took a weekend jaunt to Victoria, BC. I went loaded for bear. Took my dirt machine, my underwater machine
and my wetsuit for wading. Took Mike's advice and checked a couple of spots out. Although I only had time
for two parks and a wade in the Gorge, I had a great time. Haven't been out for nearly two years now. I think
I may have had one hunt in that stretch.

Anyway, long story short........I re-aquainted myself with my machines and one of my favorite ladies......Miss Vicky,
and a baby nickle at that! Nearly my oldest coin. An 1872 US dime holds that spot for me. Not old by some
standards but I'll keep 'em.

[attachment 137660 1887VickyA.jpg]

[attachment 137661 1887VickyB.jpg]

Also found this interesting bullet. I don't know anything about these. As you can see it's nearly an inch
long with three prominent rings around it. Came up loud and sweet from a very old area.

[attachment 137666 3ringer.jpg]

Here is the second silver found on the trip. A rather poor example of a 1916 dime. Looks like fertilizer or
some form of electrolysis may have started chewing on it.

[attachment 137663 1916dime.jpg]

From the water I pulled an old Canadian large penny but after nearly 100 years of corrosion was
pealed off, I was left with a shiney copper disk about 1/128" thick. Most likely a 1918 as there was
a fairly large mint and for this coin, fairly common. No point in taking a picture of it. Fun to find though
as I'm still a green-horn at water hunting.

Anyway, thanks for looking. Cheers.

Ahh Willy,

The excitement still lives !!

Just like riding a bicycle, once you got it you never forget.

Good hunting,

CJ

With any luck at all, I will be able to make it down and come next time.

Calm seas

Micheal

Need the diameter of the bullet at the base & whether or not the base is hollow. It looks like an old, original .45 Colt slug.

Sorry, I don't have any calipers.

[attachment 137738 bulleta.jpg]

As you can see, it is hollow for about 1/8" in from the end. Very heavy for it's size.

[attachment 137739 bulletb.jpg]

Great finds, feels good to get out. I hunted the water today for 3 hours,1.67 in clad. no Bling. Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day. Old silver still a dream for me.

Bellingham, Washington. That's where I got a feeling for just how deep these minelabs will go.

I've had pretty good luck with them. I'm a newbie at this sport compared to the other guys on
this forum. Again, luck has been with me.