Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally had a chance to try out the new F75 update. A few questions

The Wolf

It seems that I can't really tell any difference at all between 9.0 & 9.1.

I tried both, back and forth in the field today with the same results. The main thing I noticed was initially one was more chatty than the other, can't remember which, but once I did the frequency shift method, which I don't think changed the freq at all because it stayed on F1, it quieted down the machine. Is there something I'm missing here? I was able to hunt directly under power lines, in a small pasture with electric fences in both modes. Both were super quiet after shifting the freq until it displayed F1.

When the machine boots up initially, which freq is the default?

Which mode should be the best performer when emi doesn't seem to be an issue?

Should I be noticing a significant difference between to two modes?

Okay, the frequency change is only a slight shift of the same frequency, not a channel change. Think of it like this,
The F75 runs at 13Khz, the frequency shift is a slight offset but close to the same number, but still in the 13Khz range (zone) but if you run into some interference EMI or other this offset can sometimes help reduce the noise. Its also a good function to allow two detectors that are in near proximity running at the same frequency to reduce "detector cross talk" a really big deal at detecting club hunts.
These detectors are classed as a single frequency design.

Mark

9.0 is suppose to be 100 percent EMI scrubbed clean
9.1 is 80 percent scrubbed clean.
So not allot of difference.

my review after using mine for 30 days after the snow melt.

In actual hunting I never had EMI issues before the upgrade. After the upgrade and one return trip to fix stuff I am not sure I like the way it operates. The first time it came back it seemed to work pretty good but it had the Ma ma syndrome. I had that fixed an now it came back with the ID numbers unstable. They bounce around from high to low on junk like 30 to 95 never resting on one number. This means using 3 or 4 tones you can never be sure if you have a deep masked coin target or not. On a coin close to the surface it will lock on with a solid number that is repeatable but that means it is a recent drop like clad.
So in a 6x6 area if I get 30 ID numbers bouncing around from 60 to 95 do I dig them all or just declare them junk? I wanted hunt this year with more emphasis on tone and depth but it would take me a week to go 10 ft. Lol The bar depth chart never goes deeper than 6" or 50%.
I took a chance on one target that was bouncy in the 70's with iron tone. I used Fa, DE, Bp and finally All metal to scope it out. All metal seem to provide the best ID numbers that were stable. Finally after 5 mins study I said to myself dig it up already
and came up with a tiny silver looking charm. No silver coins this year yet. Not having fun with this.
Frequency shift at home seems best at F3 or F6.

I don't want to come off as a complainer but this is my experience so far after 30 days and about 150 clad coins.
Any suggestions out there?

Hey Mark. Thanks for the reply. Correct, the freq shift on the unit is just a slight channel variance of the machine's base opetating frequency.

But the problem is when I boot up the machine. It's erratic in 9.0 and 9.1 until I change the "channel" to the first setting of F1. So what "channel" does the Machi e start up in, if changing it to F1 makes such a huge difference?

I've been hunting with the F75 for years and am quite familiar with changing the freq/channel to avoid emi, but it sure seems like I'm missing something with this new update.

And I noticed this issue at two different locations.

I sent mine back to Fisher for the upgrade, one of the first to send in November last year. It cost $161 insured courier from the UK. When it came back i was delighted with the result, but after you guys across the pond started to complain about lack of performance in all metal and the MaMa bug, i decided to check mine out, sure enough, no increase in depth in AM over Discrim and the MaMa bug. So got in touch with Fisher and they said "send it back by Fedex for free", when queried about postal insurance they said it was not covered, but they reckon Fedex are good. So i decided not to send it, too risky without insurance and i wasn't prepared to fork out another $161. So did i do the right thing if 'Coin Rescue inc' says that it is less stable after the fix.

Mine defaulted at F6

I am having the same "issue" as you all are having. The issue is the bouncy ID however, this is due to either EMI interference OR our sensitivity being too high(the detector is seeing every tiny spec of metal as a target and reporting it). After two hunts I was just as disappointed as you all were, so, I dropped the sensitivity down to about 65 in BP and ID numbers were more stable. I cannot stress enough the importance of learning the machine BEFORE you max it out for the deepies. Also, all metal mode is a great way to check for falsing, the numbers are more reliable and I think it has something to do with the F75's discrimination circuit.

Below is my post to another forum:
--------------------------------
So I have this football field size lot I hunted to death and It was hunted with my father, a few guests AND prolly dozens more well before me. In all fairness, I never swung a coil over this section as it is near a gravel inlet.

This is my third hunt with the f75(overall) in this same spot. The first time(11 inch coil) I got some clad and four wheaties. second time I switched to the 5 inch coil and only got two zinclons. Now this hunt(with 11 inch) I got a few more clad coins, two wheaties and a smooth date 1917 to 1924 SLQ. I only pulled one other quarter out of there and that was an 1899 barber. The SLQ was 7.5 inches and was a screamer with VDI number 76,77,78. First silver of the year.

I was using 75 sensitivity, 3 tone, iron and foil disced BP 9.0. 2-3 bar dirt.

Three hunt analysis:

So far, the f75 hasn't done anything better than the CTX.

Ive dug a ton of trash already. About 7 to 1 ratio trash to good targets.

Unreal the small targets I have dug( a pair of copper shears about the size of a dime, BB size canslaw, tiny pieces of foil).

BP 99 sens is way too sensitive.

Seems like there is a huge learning curve for advanced usage.

More testing is needed.
--------------------------------------
As you can see from above, there is a lot to be learned. I was jumping in with the expectations that "I am a advanced detector user, therefore I will find tons of deep coins". I didn't count on the F75 to see every freaking little tiny bit of metal. I mean a BB size piece of canslaw 6 inches down, tiny pieces of metal my pin-pointer can barely detect. So imagine what the F75 sees in just one swing?

One last bit of advice, if things are going bad, drop the sensitivity down(down to 1 if needed just to see), change channels(frequency), switch modes, dig junk, do anything you can to learn the machine. IMO, I would need 30 hunts or about 100 hours to get a solid idea on the machine and what it is telling me.

Bey

F1 is the default frequency (12,821Hz). The others are 12.876KHz, 12.931, 12.987, 13.043, 13,100 and 13.158 KHz.

I just talked to Daniel at FT. The default Freq for the machine on start-up should be F1, however if I am having to shift to F1 to stabilize the machine, mine must be starting up in F7. He said it's nothing to worry about, as long as I am able to shift the freq and can stabilize the machine. Also he confirmed that 9.0 is DST on, and 9.1 is DST off. I think I will just hunt in 9.1 until I get to a heavy EMI area. THat way I can set my Freq to F-1 and call it a day. The machine will retain this setting until I reset it to switch to 9.0. Thanks for the replies,
-MIke

Many people are reporting 9.0 is less DST while 9.1 is full DST mode which is opposite of the manual. Full DST has slightly less depth and slightly slower speed according to there tests.

digsgti said:
Many people are reporting 9.0 is less DST while 9.1 is full DST mode which is opposite of the manual. Full DST has slightly less depth and slightly slower speed according to there tests.

I can't tell a difference to be honest. I hope this ordeal doesn't cause me to lose faith in my favorite, go-to machine.

i sent mine in feb so got the latest update and it works perfect i was able to hunt a area under a powerline at a schoolyard at almost full sense and it ran very quite before the update that same area i would have set the sense in the 20s and it was still erratic sound to me yours is not working right you should call ft back and talk to felix hh

Glad I kept my LTD away from Hit & Miss at the Cr@p Shoot Factory.

Mine defaults to F7 also. F1 seems to calm mine down too. I also can't tell the difference between 9.0 and 9.1 except 9.1 seems to lag slightly longer on the response to targets.
hh
John

Had my F75LTD2 in town. Didn't hunt with it. Did show my brother how quiet it was. Machine fired up 9.0 sens 99 0 disc Bp. Standing beside 2 autos and with two humming transformers and power lines everywhere. 9.0 had a tad of noise holding in the air. Switched to 9.1, machine quiet as a mouse. So which one is 100 percent DST??? I say 9.1 Nuff said.

DirtyJohn said:
Mine defaults to F7 also. F1 seems to calm mine down too. I also can't tell the difference between 9.0 and 9.1 except 9.1 seems to lag slightly longer on the response to targets.
hh
John

There we go, someone with the same issue, started thinking I was the only one. Thanks for the reply John. I was hoping for a significant difference between 9.0 & 9.1, but they seem the same so far. I will test it more this weekend. Well, obviously starting up in F7 isn't normal, so I wonder what else may be going on.

So far I'm happy with the machine. Defaulting to F7 seemed odd but it's no big deal to shift it to F1. Depth seems to be good in both disc and all metal and freq. Shift seems to make a much bigger difference than before the upgrade. I'm sure there's a slight difference between 9.0 and 9.1 but I do wish It did have the option to truly turn off DST completely. It is much better at handling emi which is great though.
hh
John

DirtyJohn said:
hh
John

Mine does the same. Defaults to F7. I thought it was broke until i switched to F1. F7 always seems to be the noisiest channel on my unit. Crazy erratic when near any buildings.

I have two F75 units. One is a standard F75 SE and the other is an F75 LTD2 unit. Both perform great, although the standard is a LOT more chatty. I'm happy with either one and both find me tons of coins and jewelry. I had been discounting the 51-56 vdi signals as pop tabs, but i need to revisit them it seems.