Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally had to try

rodbuster

After all these years of detecting I never owned a Minelab detector so I ordered a Equinox 600. Really excited about the Multi- frequency and using a brand I only read about. Hearing about the success of others I often wondered what I could be missing. I guess I am a late bloomer and it takes awhile for me to come around and try something new, I feel this could open up all new possibilities and than I'll wonder why did I wait so long. You can teach a old dog new tricks.

rodbuster, you and I were in the same boat. Almost 50 years with the hobby and never tried a Minelab until May of this year. Although I like many things about it, I am not (yet) seeing it as a game changer. None the less, though, it is my day in, day out detector I grab. Good luck! HH jim tn

After all these years of detecting I never owned a Minelab detector so I ordered a Equinox 600. Really excited about the Multi- frequency and using a brand I only read about. Hearing about the success of others I often wondered what I could be missing. I guess I am a late bloomer and it takes awhile for me to come around and try something new, I feel this could open up all new possibilities and than I'll wonder why did I wait so long. You can teach a old dog new tricks.
Rod buster, what detector did you use previous?
After you get the new detector, print out the manual or download it to your cell.
If you don’t get things right off, take printed pages, (that you want to understand) into the field and go through the steps.
All areas are different throughout the country, take targets into the field to test or bench test at home.
You might want to purchase Andy Sabich’s book to help you get going.
Best of luck.
Tony

Rod buster,
Read through the manual, start with factory settings (Park1-multi is a good place to start) for a good month. Then slowly introduce other settings to see what the effects are of adjusting them. Don’t go ape 🦍 💩 and change a ton of settings as it may discourage you.
Listen carefully as to what the detector is telling you. Take your time and analyze targets. You do this, you will be fine.