Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally ! I found my first GOLD ring !

Went to a local lake today for about three hours. Found a little clad and trash at first. Then pulled my first gold ever ! 10K with 5 stones. Four super small diamonds ? And one heart shaped ruby ? Don't know if the stones are real or not. But the gold is stamped 10K nice and clear ! Waist deep water , and I got a normal sounding tone. Took a scoop and rechecked the hole. Got another tone. Dumped my scoop full of mud in the water , and was about to take another scoop , when something told me to pass the coil over the mud I just dumped. Got a nice strong tone. Took about a 1 inch deep scoop , and was staring at my first gold ever ! Frickin awesome ! I'm so relieved to finally find gold ! Clad total was $1.10 . Hope my pics load ! Thanks for looking ! Good Luck and HH ! Im gonna have to down size my pics ! I'll try to get them up in a min.

that 1st ring has now got you addicted and you will need another fix , it is a rush to see gold , sounds like thear could easaly bee more in that swimmin hole congradulations , I tested a buch of gold rings and they are all over the place some high tone some mid some lower but they seem to sound like can slaw and pull tabs but thear is a slight diffrence when comparing the two great find bro

Congratulations are in order. You will never forget that find. Feels good don't it? I'm sure it will not be your last now that you have captured the hard one. Thanks for sharing. HH :minelab::thumbup:

Thanks Hershey ,
Yea , it feels great ! Was starting to think I was doing something wrong. I just need to put the time and effort in , and I should be finding more !:clsoedeyes:

Congratulations! Sweet find! Still looking for my first gold ring....
question for you - You are down in the Florida keys? Reason why I ask = I use to live in Florida and would never even think of wading / swimming in a pond knowing the snakes / alligators that are out there. (call me chicken if you will lol ) I saw people in the ocean but never swimming / wading in a fresh water pond. I remember going fishing on this one lake and wasn't fishing alone.... his eyes followed me just about everywheres I went in my little boat.

That is a beautiful ornate ring - a fantastic find..........:clapping:

I will never forget my first one (and that was just a plain wedding band) and you certainly will always remember that one!

So did you have a silly fixed smile after you found that............ I know I usually do - to the point where anybody that saw me would think I am nuts.

Its always worth noting the exact area you found it..... the way the undercurrents, tides and the sand shifts work can develop habits of where items of the same density turn up. On one beach that I cover all the of the rings have been found within a 6ft square tidal area.... sand can have habits - good one's. Ah, I have just re-read the post - lake..... ignore that !!! I was blinded by the ring obviously!

I will be waiting for the next post now: Found another one!!!!

Good luck........:cheers:

Potluck,
I lived in the Keys for years as a kid. Spent all my time snorkling , fishing , and beachcombing for any "treasures" that would happen to wash up. ( Usually foam floats from lobster and crab pots ). The keys are where my heart is ! Now I'm getting old and live in central FL. I was in a lake today. And , you can believe I was keeping an eye out for anything moving ! Only saw a couple turtles and lots of fish. Had I seen any gators , probably wouldn't have gone out past my knees ! Wore myself out today ( shakeing that scoop ). But, gotta say it was deff worth it . First gold is a very good feeling ! It's a chick's ring. But, I'm wearing it as a pinkey ring for awhile for motivation ! LOL. GL + HH !

Congratulations!

I knew with a little time you would hit the GOLD, and as I said before, you will never forget the sound that it made. HH :cheers:

Arrrggghh the Gold
You sand pirate you :biggrin:
big congratulations to you :cheers:
what a pretty pretty ring :thumbup:

T59

FKP,

I am happy for you that you found a nice gold ring - I can only imagine the excitement! It is one of my goals this summer (hopefully) It must be awesome to live in the keys as it is beautiful there. You have more guts then me and so does the chick that lost the ring in the pond LOL Then again, maybe she didn't make it out and thus her ring on the bottom of the lake!? lol I surely hope not. Again, nice find and thanks for sharing the story with us. - Jim

Florida Keys Pirate said:
Potluck,
I lived in the Keys for years as a kid. Spent all my time snorkling , fishing , and beachcombing for any "treasures" that would happen to wash up. ( Usually foam floats from lobster and crab pots ). The keys are where my heart is ! Now I'm getting old and live in central FL. I was in a lake today. And , you can believe I was keeping an eye out for anything moving ! Only saw a couple turtles and lots of fish. Had I seen any gators , probably wouldn't have gone out past my knees ! Wore myself out today ( shakeing that scoop ). But, gotta say it was deff worth it . First gold is a very good feeling ! It's a chick's ring. But, I'm wearing it as a pinkey ring for awhile for motivation ! LOL. GL + HH !