Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally making headway

TrpnBils

Finally feel like I'm making headway interpreting the 3030's nuances. It's been like 2 years and I've considered switching back to the Etrac a couple of times now because I didn't really see any major advantages, but it's finally coming together.

I dug all of this in the left field area of a baseball field tonight in a couple of hours. I was there about 3 weeks ago and struck out completely, but I changed my settings around tonight, slowed down, and paid more attention to subtle aspects of the hits and it paid off. This hunt was my second hunt with the 17" coil (used the stock one last time I was here), I dropped my iron bin down to 28, upped my gain to 22, and turned Fast and Deep both off completely.

Normal setting is either low or high trash with minimal discrim, pitch hold, and manual. Was able to run on Manual 28 tonight easily.

- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel sterling pendant
- Indians are 1889 and 1907
- Barber was at a measured 11" deep
- Merc was 9" deep
- The other coin there is a 1905 V nickel. Every time I dig one of those I think there's no way they can possibly get uglier, but each time they are. This is about as ugly as it can get without being unidentifiable.

Nice digs! Once you learn the CTX, you wont ever want another.

That’s a great variety there Jeff,and jewelry! And to show discipline by taking the time to investigate stuff that’s not perfect or obvious...that’s a sign that you’re opening a door through which you’ll never return back through. It’s almost like not knowing how to ride a bike,and then the day you actually ride. It becomes second nature,as unbelievable as that may sound to some people. 2 years ago if you had told me some of the signals I dig today which are coins were coins back then,I would’ve said you were out of your mind. The deepest signals any machine can achieve just flat out don’t sound like solid perfect signals many times, and this is why I missed so many things. Hopefully you can now go “clean up” some places and continue this run you’re on!:)

Kevin - going back Saturday and my plan is to check some of these iffy, deep targets with auto +3 before I did them. It is much more stable, as expected, but I don't know whether the depth loss would be significant.... Or maybe the more stable signals would net me more digs because I wouldn't mistake light ones for background noise. Guarantee I passed some food targets by just because I thought it was falsing or something. Plus I have 2/3rds of the outfield still to hit

Nice haul, but that dirt seems to be brutal on the reactive metals. Don't feel too bad, I almost exclusively dig toasty V and shield nickels.

It's hit and miss, but yeah at this particular area it's not good to nickels especially. Even newer Jeffersons come out red