Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally the first hunt of the yr... after 25+yrs of doing this, I commit the biggest rookie mistake...

Mark ( ohio )

decide to use the "quish 440 " to hunt a local playground. SO the detector sat in the basement over the winter and I of course turned it on to see what the battery strength was. All looked good so off I went. After about 30 minutes it shut off. I thought I must have hit the power button some how. Happened 2 more times, so I popped off the battery cover and seen they were rechargeables in the unit. What a dumb azz I am. Totally forgot I had enyloops in the detector. ROOKIE, ROOKIE, ROOKIE...

Mark ( ohio )

Try loading up all your and finding out you left the detector at home…..

Mark, I'm still making dumb mistakes after 49 years of hunting. Yesterday I drove my pickup to a field, got out and stepped right on top of a BIG fire ant mound. At that moment I think I just invented about 3 or 4 new dances. I"ve done this a few times after hitting a target and never look around to see what's near. It' a little embarrassing to be taking your shoes and pants off close to a highway. Their stings can really put a hurting on you.

Mark, I'm still making dumb mistakes after 49 years of hunting. Yesterday I drove my pickup to a field, got out and stepped right on top of a BIG fire ant mound. At that moment I think I just invented about 3 or 4 new dances. I"ve done this a few times after hitting a target and never look around to see what's near. It' a little embarrassing to be taking your shoes and pants off close to a highway. Their stings can really put a hurting on you.
No bark but they really bite LOL

Yea I think everyone has been guilty of leaving a digger home a time or two! Leaving the machine home to bring headphones along and pinpointer 😝!
That’s why I’ve started to bring two machines with me when I travel litte out the way or if I’m going to be walking a bit I will do a quick check before using tick spray and grabig camel back.

It is best to keep spare Batteries in you car for what ever device you use. (AA's and 9 volts)
Now days I carry spare Charger Cords in case something runs low.
Sometimes I recharge the detector while driving to the dig site if it is a longer drive.
Some nice spots are 45 mins drive away so there is time to add power.
Since 2018 the detectors and pin pointers I use are rechargeable.

It is best to keep spare Batteries in you car for what ever device you use. (AA's and 9 volts)
Now days I carry spare Charger Cords in case something runs low.
Sometimes I recharge the detector while driving to the dig site if it is a longer drive.
Some nice spots are 45 mins drive away so there is time to add power.
Since 2018 the detectors and pin pointers I use are rechargeable.
Lucky mine are rechargeable I can charge in the car.
Mark