Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally treated myself to a decent detecting belt

For the longest time since I purchased my first metal detector in 1997 I've been either using my pockets or those cheap pouches that come when you buy a new metal detector. Today I bought a couple $10 pouches and used my wading belt for fly fishing. A tool belt will probably work just as good but I have my tool belt full of all the stuff that I need and I didn't feel like emptying them out :) I also bought a dandelion tool to help me dig around some of those deep targets and not ruin them. I also put a folding saw on order with a 7-inch blade because sometimes you run into a root. It is tough when you know it's a really good find and can't get to it or worse yet, put a gash in an 1875 IH that was in mint shape. Believe it or not I've had to walk away not having the proper tools and not made it back. I also put some extra dry paper towels in a plastic bag and paper towels soaked with vegetable oil in another bag the preserve relics. I have an old retainer case for good finds and also a couple Airborne containers for coins. You can separate the coins with bits of paper towel if you want. It would be cool to see what other people use for their detecting tools. I think I'm only missing a spray bottle of distilled water. Feel free to post pics or share what works for you.

Good for you getting some nice gear. I’m using my shoulder bag that I take to gun shows, Mama's best garden hand shovel that I ground the edges down to a sharp edge, and I spit on the coins then wipe them on my pants. I’m almost 68, and don’t see the value in spending a bunch of money when the other stuff works, but if it works for you, then that’s great. I put the other money into Dewars White Label to celebrate my $1.59 finds.

I'm thinking this thread is gonna get kicked to the general Detecting Forum since this one is for Items found detecting.

That being said, when in public park type settings, I just wear a pair of light brown carpenter pants. The multiple tool pockets hold my pinpointer and digging tool, along with trash and good finds, without bringing any more attention to myself than is necessary.

Nice Joe. I invested a lot of money into to beer and other Spirits over the years so I totally understand but these days I don't spend a drop on alcohol so I like to treat myself now and again ;-)

Good point Au Ag about the pants and the post. I didn't know where to put it I just figured it was a find today at the store but I totally understand and don't mind getting bumped around, I played hockey in High School so it's all good ;-)