Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally upgraded!!! DFX

Cjprice

Well, I finally broke down, and bought my new detector. I opted for the White's DFX. I had been using an old bounty hunter up till now with little success, But I learned a lot about the hobby. Hopefully I'll have some better luck with this new White's.

Anyone have any tips for this model? Or any experience with the southwest Florida area, in particular the Ft. Myers area?

Thanks for listening!

Chris
Cape Coral, Fl:whites:

You did good on this unit 3khz for you silver and 15khz for your gold.
Start by using the presets also go to the dfx site and you will learn a lot.You can also check out www.firstontop.com for some tips and tricks.Work with this unit for one year and you will find lot of goodies.This detector is many detectors in one case so it will take time to learn.Get the books on the DFX.:twodetecting:

Click on: Jump to Forum... and click again on White's DFX Classroom Forum.

Is now you will have to dig more and deeper targets. I upgraded from a Bounty Hunter to a MXT about 3 years ago and was amazed of what you can find with a quality detector. Good Luck and HH.

Congratulation on an excellent choice. The DFX has the Industry's most advanced Visual Discrimination: Signagraph Technology.... one bar up... round target; Ring or Coins. Multiple Spread... Trash Target, Steel Crown Bottle Cap.

Remember, The more numbers you accept, the better your performance as far as 'Depth' goes.

After mastering the manual, Jeff Foster's Book and Jimmy Sierra's Book on the DFX is a Must for those finer points not covered in the manual.

This coming Tuesday, I have my first hunt planned with this new machine. Englewood beach here in Southwest Florida has always been a favorite of mine. Hopefully my luck will continue!

Thanks for all the info on this great detector!

Chris
Cape Coral, FL