Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Find of a life time

ron948

I went to the DIGSTOCK MINI 2021 IN NC a couple weeks ago. Met a great bunch of people and the event was very well organized. I dug a few nice items and this EAGLE V button. I never heard of one. Turns out it was made for one regiment for one year. 1847-1848 during the Mexican war. They started a regiment of mounted infantry. guess it did'nt work very well. supposed to be a rare button

Attachments

• eagle v button.jpg
    eagle v button.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 131
Nice find! We were there as well and had a good time.

I went to the DIGSTOCK MINI 2021 IN NC a couple weeks ago. Met a great bunch of people and the event was very well organized. I dug a few nice items and this EAGLE V button. I never heard of one. Turns out it was made for one regiment for one year. 1847-1848 during the Mexican war. They started a regiment of mounted infantry. guess it did'nt work very well. supposed to be a rare button
Cool find for sure, congratulations
Tony

Ron, Congrat's on the Save of the Eagle V' button. I had never heard of these either. You just helped to make this button even more rare, and have it for your display. Was the shank still attached to the buttons back? Very nice save.