Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Find Restored!

scubadetector

Thought some of you would like to see the final results of a find I found that was dropped 102 years ago in a lake. This is a Mark 1 practice bomb dropped from a Curtis Jenny bi-plane circa 1917. I have recovered 8 of them with the 9th one marked on my GPS but it is buried deep in the clay in this lake. All dropped in lake St Clair around Selfridge ANG base in Michigan, First bombs developed and dropped out of planes in the USAF

As found:

End result:

still looking 52 said:
That's pretty cool, looks brand new. Did you find these bombs visually or with a metal detector?

Some visual, some buried and a metal detector was the only way.

Those are some cool looking finds and saves of the practice bombs. Great looking restoration. Well Done on all counts.

Wow ... that's very cool - great job on the restoration !

Howdy scubadetector--

Very neat finds and a great restoration! Just curious - what does one of those bombs weigh? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:
Howdy scubadetector--

Very neat finds and a great restoration! Just curious - what does one of those bombs weigh? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Full they were 100lb bombs. They are around 30lb now. Warhead is real , fuse assembly is real, just empty