Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding meteorites with E-trac

Jackalope

Living in the high desert of Wyoming, I'm thinking of spending time looking for them, especially on my own property. Anybody find one with an E-trac? Would be interested it the details. HH

Ron

My Etrac thinks the stoneys, and the stony irons are hot rocks and she doesn't signal on them, hits the irons like a champ though, this may also have something to do with the neutral and difficult soil settings, I don't know for sure. Different meteorites have lots of different materials in them in varying quantities, so I don't think I would use the Etrac for meteorites. Do a search for meteorite forums and ask the members on there what they use, most are using GPX's, TDI's, 2200's and MXT's believe it or not. They seem to be very singularly minded against Explorers and Etracs. If you could get your hands on some meteorites (university or museum) and swipe them past the coil in various settings, you could probably figure out a way to use your Etrac but when I did that, I had pretty poor results and there are other machines that really shine on meteorites in comparison, the Se for one.