Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finds of the day

Timelord2

The blade or arrowhead might be copper, in has no magnetic properties so I know it's not iron. I will put this in the what is it forum also. Not to far from where this was found is some Indian graves. Don't know if I'm getting ahead of my self in thinking it might be old. Just thought it was a nice find.

Could be a Flat-stemed Points and used as knife or dagger. 400 to 7000 years old. The Indians graves close by are 2000 to 2500 years old. Going to really have to found out what I have.

Just found out the point is 4000 to 7000 years old. I thought a 110 year old US coin was old....

Sorry about not posting more about this find. I am just learning more about it since I found it yesterday. I found it near Sheboygan, WI on some private land that I had permission to hunt and have been doing so for a couple of years. At first I was detecting with a Fisher F5 and really didn't find much but this year I bought a Minelab Safari a went back to this spot. There once was a hunting cabin on the land and there was a story about someone leaving something there. Sorry that is all I can say about that.

So this year I was back after getting the Safari and was finding some good silver coins. My first Standing Liberty Quarter along with a silver Washington Quarter. 3 Barber Dimes and 4 Mercury Dimes along with some clad. This last Sunday I went back just to hopefully find some more silver which I did one more Mercury and a Roosevelt.

Then I found the copper Knife/Dagger in the wooded area. It rang up 33-34 on the Safari so I thought it would be another coin. At first I thought it might be junk but looking closer it looked like an arrow head so I kept it. Not much long after finding the Knife/Dagger the owner of the property came by and I showed him the find and said maybe it a metal arrow from the 1800 or from the Indians. The owner said it could be from the Indians because there is a grave sight not to far from there.

After getting home I started to look on the internet and come to find out that there was a Old Copper Complex somewhere near by. And the grave sights around there are 2000 to 2500 years old. That got me excited.

So I posted the find on arrowhead.com to see if anyone knew anything about it. They said it was from the Copper Culture area. Then another told me it was 4000 to 7000 years old and gave some links for more information.

Hopefully I will be having someone look at it and tell me for sure how old it is. But the area will hold that date since it is know to have an Old Copper Complex nearby.

I knew nothing about the Old Copper Complex before the find, I did know about the Indian graves close by. That is one thing about metal detecting you find out more history because of your finds.

That is all the info I have on this for now, will post more. Some of the info I have been finding states that these Knife/Dagger are not that common. I don't know if I will find anything better. I have been detecting since I was 12 years old and now I am 50 and still enjoying the hobby..

Cool find! I have never found an Indian arrowhead!!